“Feels like a neighborhood bar”

The Grandview Tavern and Grill
Ranked #125 of 262 Restaurants in Arvada
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Description: A "cheers" style, sports friendly pub in Olde Town Arvada!
Description: A "cheers" style, sports friendly pub in Olde Town Arvada!
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Walking in this bar/restaurant makes me feel like Norm walking into Cheers. You feel welcomed like an old friend. Even when crowded, the service is fast. We almost always order hamburgers, but there are many options for toppings so we don't get bored. If you sit by the windows, it's a great place for people-watching in Olde Town Arvada. There are many old photos of Arvada throughout the restaurant that fit the historic building and add to its charm.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Had lunch here today with daughter to celebrate her birthday. The food was great and the service impeccable. Loved the relaxed hometown feel. Wish it was closer to my home - I'd be a regular.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I've eaten here before, and found everything to be satisfactory, but I recently discovered something that makes me wary about ever dining here again.

On numerous occasions, I have witnessed the side door to the restaurant, the one that opens directly to the kitchen, wide open with no screen door in place. This allows for the easy infestation of insects, vermin, and reptiles. I have also witnessed employees and their friends smoking in front of this door in violation of the Colorado Indoor Air Act since the door is within 15 ft. of the back patio, and the entrance leads directly to the kitchen. They leave a butt can back there for employees to smoke.

I am wary of the hygiene of any food establishment, but I am especially cautious around those who so blatantly ignore State Law regarding health in the preparation and serving of food. The City of Arvada is just as much at fault, too, since the City refuses to adhere to the State Law despite the danger to its citizens.

4  Thank ovolacto
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Good place to stop in and have a good meal for lunch. Good service and attention. Poblano burger was pretty good. First bite was common but taste improved as I got deeper into the sandwich. Try it if you are in the area.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stopped in while passing through on business. Called ahead to see how late they were open .. were told 8:30 or 9:00. Arrived at 8:20 pm and ordered off of the menu.

The interior is very nicely decorated with old photos of the building's history on the walls. Beautiful bar and ok selection of draft beer. We were most disappointed with the very small selection on the menu, but once we saw how small the open kitchen is, could understand the limitation.

Had the crabcakes and Caesar salad ... both were good. Husband had the steak sandwich .. not so good. Honestly a very small portion of meat that tasted as though it was past it's sell by date. The fries, which were cost extra were terrible .. they really should not offer them. They were exactly like the supermarket crinkle cut fries that you put into a toaster oven .. really terrible. They should take this item off of the menu completely .. at $11 a real disappointment.

At 8:45 the bartender and busboy started putting the chairs up onto the tables. A pet peeve of ours as we have owned and operated several restaurants and have over 30 years of experience doing so. There were still people coming in and sitting at the bar at the point that they were doing this. It was a quiet Sunday night and it was raining .. but I hate feeling rushed by people clearly wanting us to get out so that they can go home. Our employees were always instructed to treat the last customers as well as the first -- and I cannot vouch that that always happened, but I think it's a good policy to try to enforce.

1  Thank Kellie E