“Best Mountain pizza at a new location”
Review of Beau Jo's Pizza

Beau Jo's Pizza
Ranked #10 of 275 Restaurants in Arvada
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Beau Jo's new Arvada location, nearer the intersection of Wadsworth and I-25, puts it in the middle of a major retail area. Look for it to become more crowded as it is nearer more customers! (7525 W. 53rd) But it is larger than the previous location.

Mountain pizza, thiner crust, with thick braided-like ends, heaping toppings, give way to your 'dessert'. That comes as you drizzle honey over the very think and chewy end crust.

Or have calzone, sandwiches, salads, or the beaughetti. It's all about choices at Beau Jo's. Select your type of pie - mountain, prarie, or gluten-free. Choose crust, sauce, toppings, cheese, and herbs.

If it's your first visit, allow time to read over the ample menu! Opens daily at 11 a.m in Arvada; call for closing times.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

While visiting family in Arvada, Co, they took us to this local pizza favorite. It's cute, dated, not at all flashy. If I was not with family, I would not have chosen this place on my own. The sign outside is old and the building needs some work. But, the parking lot is full and there was a wait for our table. I take this as a sign that the food is worth waiting for. I was right.

The menu includes many options for gluten free pizza, several dough choices, different cheese choices including soy, sauce choices, etc., which I had never seen before.

We chose the buffet. Though the food from the buffet was great, I would not choose the buffet again on such a busy night. The food ran out several times, and there was a line for the salad bar portion of the buffet while the pizza was baking. We didn't have to wait more than a few minutes for fresh pizza, which surprised me since there were 4 tables of more than 15 in each party who were also eating from the buffet.

The staff seemed to go into overtime as they tried to avoid disaster with not enough food being available. The buffet included regular favorites: pepperoni, cheese, green chili & ham, etc.

I loved my pizza, salad options and the "apple pie pizza" from the buffet. My kids happily ate several pieces of the cheese pizza from the buffet along with their small salads.

I would recommend Beau Jo's Pizza, and would come here again. Though, I would order from the interesting menu next time and not have the buffet. I feel like I missed out on some original pizza options that I won't be able to get at home.

Reviewed July 12, 2011

While travelling to Denver, Colorado we had a local tell us about "Colorado style pizza." We were curious and pulled into Beau Jo's, the staff was friendly and welcoming and the pizza was fresh and hot.
Colorado style pizza has a Chicago style thick crust but with less sauce, we have lived near NYC and enjoyed the pizza there and now we will add this restaurant to our list. Try the cheese bread with honey....it is delicious and was a big hit with my family.

1  Thank StacyTS
Reviewed July 28, 2009

My husband and I are in town for work. We live in the St. Louis area so we normally eat very thin crust pizza with provel cheese. We wanted to try a different pizza, we almost didnt go here bc of a review from someone else. We made other plans for different pizza but those fell through so we decided to try this anyway. We were so glad we did. I think it is very good pizza. I like crust though so you have to be a crust person to like a mountain pie. The service was great, it was a staff of young peple but they did a great job. The price was good and everything came out fast. I would recommend this to anyone that wants to try a different pizza.

1  Thank Snavela1
Reviewed February 21, 2009

I've heard people RAVE about this pizza for YEARS. I finally decided to take our small family of 4 to the Westminster location for my wifes birthday.

Couldn't have been more disappointed. Disappointed is actually an understatement. How about DISGUSTED?

The place is run by high-school kids. That says a lot. Slow to seat us. Slow to take our order. Slow to bring the pizza. Slow to bring the check. And slow to bring the change. Enough of that. It's run by high-school aged kids, so if it's service you want, go someplace else.

The pizza........ this isn't pizza. This is thick crust with cubed ham chunks and cheap ground burger. I expected sliced ham on the pizza and they brought King Soopers style 1/4" chunks of ham on the pizza. Are you SERIOUS? Packaged, chunked ham on a pizza? REALLY?? And they wanted $26 for this lump of dough?

This is the most bland pizza sauce I've EVER had on a pizza and not enough of it either. On our little 12" pizza that I paid over $26 for, there might have been 3 or 4 tablespoons of sauce on the whole thing. Would like to have seen about 3 times that much.

But HEY, you get to squirt honey on the dough!!! YAY!! <rolling my eyes>

I didn't even ask for a box. I wouldn't feed this junk to my dog. I can make better pizza at home in the microwave and it won't cost me $40 for a 12" pizza and 4 sodas. Should have gone to a chain pizza shop instead.

Next time I'll go to Old Chicago about 8 blocks north on the west side of the road, or just order pizza hut delivery. No, I don't work for either of those places. I just know they both have WAAAAAAAY better pizza than this run down shack called Beau Jo's.

Never again.

1  Thank HealthyFamily

Been to Beau Jo's Pizza? Share your experiences!