“Jerry would never had said that”
Review of Monterrey House

Monterrey House
Ranked #100 of 263 Restaurants in Arvada
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Jerry and Grace moved back to Mexico many years ago, Jerry would never have been offended at someone praying, as he was religious. I went to the Arvada location after they sold it, the service was awful and so was the food. That's been 10 years ago, never been back, I had been eating there since I was a child, that was a VERY long time ago, {Edgewater location). I really miss the food, and the people. Leon, who was a server there (he started at the Wadsworth location) is now at Tofolinos at 26th and Youngfield.
Y

Reviewed July 26, 2012

The owner insulted us for praying before we ate and we were very offended. Their food is good but after Jerry's comment we will NEVER go back. We ate there for years without incident but we took a guest with us to the location in Arvada and were insulted.

2  Thank Esther_Roybal
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Don't come expecting fancy. It's not. Don't come expecting modern. It's not. Don't come expecting a wide variety. You won't find it. What you will get are about a dozen things mixed and matched and done very well. Expect simplicity. No fancy presentation, just very tasty food at rock bottom prices. We are there at least every other week and love it.

Also, Freddy, the guy who waits the tables and essentially runs the place for the owners, is flat out awesome. Always smiling and hustling. Great service.

1  Thank MileHighJacket
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I have loved this place for many, many years. For one thing, they have the best, most unique salsa I've ever tasted. For another, everything they make here is made fresh on site by the family, and has the real flavor of "Colorado Style" Mexican.

My wife and I like to go for the "Salad Plate," which is chili con queso, a chalupa, a taco, and guacamole. They even substitute beans in the taco for us vegetarian. All of this food is only $7.00, and they are so fast, the food is almost on your table before you sit down.

Another thing I like about this family owned and operated restaurant is that they typically take the entire month of September off. After all, we all are working to live, and not living to work, right? And, despite their annual sabbatical, they never run out of business, and people never stop coming back.

This restaurant is located in what was once a Burger King. It is not the most absolutely spotless restaurant I've ever dined in, but they do make a good effort at keeping the kitchen, and the dining room clean. Everything I've ever had here tastes great, and reminds me of the food I used to eat growing up in the Projects of North Denver. If you like Mexican Style food, and you are looking for a different variety, try this place. I believe you'll be just as happy as I am.

1  Thank ovolacto
Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

This place is BY FAR the absolute BEST!!! Amazing food, incredible service w/decent prices. The only downfall is hours of operation. They close waay too early, especially on weekends!!!! I Recommend this place to any and everyone looking for outstanding food, just make sure you make it before closing!!!!

1  Thank AbriVC

Been to Monterrey House? Share your experiences!