“Perfect throw back diner!”
Review of Ralston Road Cafe - CLOSED

Ralston Road Cafe
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Ralston Road Cafe is a great no fuss diner. The portions are big. The cost is low. The quality of the food is high. I went there for breakfast with my family and had a pleasant experience with great food. Worth giving it a try for sure.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Breakfast is the specialty, oh how I love the house skillet. Good "cafe" in every sence of the word.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Went for breakfast and it was fine, fast, diner atmosphere, appeared to be clean and service was good. Went back for lunch/dinner twice to try different things and have given up. Service was still good but the food was so below average that we actually laughed about it later. Do these people know they are in the restaurant business? Food was on a par with boxed microwaveable. The meat on my French Dip sandwich was so rubbery and tasteless that when my husband took a taste test he asked "What is that?" He tried the "Special" of Lasagne that Stouffers would beat any day. The Baklava made by the owner tasted like it had freezer burn, had no walnuts and used syrup instead of honey. My husband took it to work the next day to give away and not only would nobody eat it they wouldn't even take it home!

Reviewed October 11, 2011

Love their hashbrowns! They have friendly service, a clean place and the food is reasonably priced. The food is what would be expected of a diner but has a bit of greek influence with some mexican dishes mixed in. The wait staff was also good with my kids.

The decor is kinda funny. Half has a very diner feel, the other half of the space is more like a tea room.

Reviewed June 11, 2011

I was a regular for over five years recently I have talked privately to the owner about dirty coffee cups, occasional sub standard food, seeing a cockroach, old tasting food, the cooks not washing their hands after using the restroom and more cleanliness issues and more cleanliness issues. The response I received from the owner showed no concern but he told me in an a loud voice in front of everyone, that I complain too much and not to come back, I was banned from his restaurant. The wait staff is very good and very fast. The Home Cooking Cafe at 64th and Quaker street is a better choice for good food, fast service and similar pricing..