“Wonderful place”

Jack's Bar and Grill & Steamers Coffeehouse
Ranked #37 of 261 Restaurants in Arvada
Cuisines: American
Description: Jack's and Steamers is a family owned restaurant in Arvada, Colorado. We have a fun and friendly atmosphere and serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. Almost all of our food is made from scratch with only the fresh ingredients. We also have a prep kitchen where we train and employ over 70 people with developmental disabilities.
Denver, Colorado
“Wonderful place”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My daughter went here on a field trip with her SpEd class. They saw the "behind the scenes" and were able to have lunch. Well, Being the "have to see for myself " kinda person, I had to try it for myself. I had a wonderful Philly with alot of roast beef and sauteed onions and peppers with melted cheese and really good fries. I really enjoyed my lunch. My sister had the chicken salad sandwhich on wheat with added avacado. It was awesome! ( I had a bite!) And my brother in law had the Spicy Shrimp Po Boy and fries. He too said his lunch was very good. We bought a big choc chip cookie to go and a cherry scone to go also. It is a wonderful place, Jack's hires exceptional people who do a wonderful job. I will be bringing my family back here to also try breakfast. And we definately want to try the belgain waffle dessert. Sounds sooo good.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank longdrive5

Arvada, Colorado
“Local spot, just ok”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Had sliders, Boulder, and Mexican. Forget the fries, sloppy, overly greasy pile. Wine, pinot noir from Oregon, Willamette specifically, overpriced at $12 per glass, about $22 per bottle on line. Nothing unique about sliders, food was hot when placed. Service pretty good, people pleasant at the bar, friendly. Honestly, I cannot say I would return.

• Visited April 2014
Denver
“Fun, great sliders”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This is an excellent neighborhood spot. Family friendly! Service and food were great. Prices were reasonable. They have the best slide selection ever and fantastic prices for bottles of wine during happy hour.

We've been there three times and are anxious to go back.

• Visited November 2013
Louisville, Colorado
“Food was just OK (maybe we picked the wrong items)”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had a gift card so we stopped at Jack's on a Friday evening at 6:30, and it was crowded. FYI: There was a sign by the parking lot entrance, hidden by waiting customers, that said to go to the smoothie bar to be seated (or to get your name on the wait list). They actually had a table for two available so we were seated right away. My husband ordered the fish and chips and I had the soft taco plate (3 tacos - choice of chicken, beef or pork - with rice and beans). Both meals were in the $10-$11 range. The fish looked and tasted like school cafeteria fish (perfectly formed squares with an underseasoned - perhaps unseasoned- breading). It came with fries and coleslaw. My husband said that the fries and slaw were the best parts of the meal - and he's a breaded fish lover! He said that the provided malt vinegar is what made the fish edible. My chicken tacos were fine, not outstanding, but I guess if you want really good Mexican food you should go to a Mexican restaurant. Maybe we should have ordered the one of the specials (sliders and fries was one as I recall) or something that is more typically sports bar food.

Service was fine throughout the meal but then it took forever to get our check. The acoustics are such that the place is very loud, especially when it's full. We'll probably give this place one more try because we'd like to see a local place succeed (and by the size of the crowd it doesn't look like it needs our help) but we'll definitely be more selective in what we order.

• Visited September 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Great Neighborhood Bar and Grill”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is really a nice, fun, friendly place to go for breakfast, lunch or dinner. An amazingly varied menu for such a small place. You can eat inside or out, in the bar area or the dining room area. A pretty good wine list, a very good liquor list. A variety of sliders that are excellent. I had the chicken Caesar salad today and it was delicious. Kids are fine; works fine for singles or groups of adults also.

• Visited August 2013