Narrow Gauge Railroad Inn
$79
Super 8 Alamosa(Alamosa)(Great Value!)
$76
$93
Riverside Inn of Alamosa(Alamosa)(Great Value!)
$54
$88
$109
ComfortInn
Valley Motel(Alamosa)(Great Value!)
$69
$65
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 30, 2010

This was my second time to stay at this Inn. It was very affordable, clean and the service was excellent. When we stayed there in the winter the room was vey warm (heater worked great) Wifi was working and fast. Very helpful and informative at the front desk. Told us of a great place to rent snowboards. They also advised me on how to get over my altitude sickness. The train was great fun too. The location is 45 minutes from Taos, the Great Sand Dunes and 30 minutes from Alamosa. I would highly recommend the Narrow Gauge and will be back this winter.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2010

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel. I was here a year ago for the first time to ride the wonderful Cumbres & Toltec. My stay was okay, but I was surprised that there was no internet access and no continental breakfast. I noticed some stains on the carpets and chairs, but the sheets were clean. However, I must say that my second stay was a better, even great, experience. The room was much cleaner, including the carpet and chairs. I noticed new shower curtains and sinks as well. The woman working at the desk said that the hotel got a new owner this past year, so I think they are doing what they can to make improvements. They have internet access and donuts and coffee for breakfast. What can you say? The price is right and the location is great!!! I would recommend this place to anyone!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2010

A disgusting, filthy horrible place. Can't believe we didn't check out but were tired and anxious to board the train in the morning. Avoid at all costs!!!!!! Rugs and bedding beyond belief - looked like someone puked all over the chairs at the filthy small table. Just horrid. Please do not stay here!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rschock1
Reviewed October 14, 2010

After reading all of the mixed reviews online and really wanting to support a local business vs a chain hotel, we decided to take a chance.

We had a late check in to which the man at the front desk was very accomodating and checked us in quickly. By the time we unloaded the car and were ready for bed it was extremely late. The first thing we noticed were the numerous, large spiders on the ceiling which indicated this room hadn't been cleaned in a while. It just got better from here. Much to our surprise, when we pulled the sheets back there were multiple pubic and head hairs, two live bugs and a rather large boot print half on the flat sheet and half on the fitted sheet. The once white towels were now grey in color, stained and freyed. We were both too exhausted to drive back to Alamosa in the rain to get a hotel room there, so we stayed in the room, fully dressed and slept on top of the bed (if you can call if sleep).

We decided to forego the shower the next morning and get out of the room as fast as daylight approached before the bugs started to stir.

Upon checkout the next morning I mentioned to the man who checked us in, that in an effort to support local businesses we had chosen his motel and explained to him what we had walked into the previous evening. No apology from him. I had asked him if he had ever looked at the hotel reviews online to see what people are writing and how the reviews would affect his business. Again, no response, just a verbalization of "oh".

This business obviously does not care about customer service or cleanliness and is apparently relying on people being desparate as they are driving through or its proximity to the awesome Cumbres & Toltec train (well worth the trip to Antonitio).

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OnTheGoex2
Reviewed October 7, 2010

oh my Godddd. when i first saw the room, i thought it was a total joke. heavy smell in the air as soon as we opened the door. then i looked at the bed, there was a red blanket with holes( i guess eaten by moths) , the sheets and the piloowcases were almost grayish color from dirt and of course how can i forget the hair on the sheet. I am very very serious. Disgusting would be an understatement for the horrible shape of this place.We simple did not touch anything not to get infected and left this garbage place. The good news is, we found this hotel down the road that has been open for couple months now. It was a gorgeous boutique hotel in a historic building from 1911. Sadly, there was no website setup yet.but pleaseeeee make sure to stay there. CALL 719-376-5300 TO BOOK A BEAUTIFUL ROOM IN THIS BOUTIQUE HOTEL. AND PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS NARROW GAUGE INN OR WHATEVER ITS CALLED.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple