Harmel's Ranch Resort
Three Rivers Resort(Almont)(Great Value!)
$85
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
The Inn at Tomichi Village(Gunnison)(Great Value!)
$69
$64
Comfort Inn(Gunnison)(Great Value!)
$72
$123
Hotels.com
Quality Inn Gunnison(Gunnison)(Great Value!)
$63
Econo Lodge(Gunnison)(Great Value!)
A-B-C Motel(Gunnison)(Great Value!)
$69
Travelocity
The Alpine Inn(Gunnison)(Great Value!)
$58
Hotwire.com
Days Inn & Suites Gunnison(Gunnison)(Great Value!)
$63
Long Holiday Motel(Gunnison)(Great Value!)
$75
$68
Hotels.com
All reviewsgrand buffetthe riverhorseback ridehorsestrailhummingbirds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My family and I stayed here a few years back and went again in 2012 to scope it out for a possible family reunion. We had a great time, both times. The kids were at the stables all day long. They especially enjoyed the horsemanship lessons. The wranglers were really top notch. Our cabin was a bit off of the river; we would have preferred to be closer but we booked late and were lucky to get a reservation. And the food was fantastic. We are planning a big family reunion here for 2014. I can't wait to get back to the river!

Room Tip: Call to book your trip more than a month in advance. The best cabins near the river get taken early!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jackson P
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The girlfriend and I enjoyed our stay over the Labor Day weekend. Our cabin was right on the Taylor River, so opening the bedroom window, we listened to the river as we fell asleep. Our cabin was clean and comfortable, with all amenities. The staff was exceptional, the food was excellent, our horse guide took us on a magnificent ride through the surrounding mountains. One of the highlights was the campfire on the deck of the restaurant. We were among the first to move our seats next to the fire, and soon there was a group of about 12 people. Very comfortable, and relaxing. There's a short drive to Crested Butte, an absolutely fantastic place to spend a day, especially if you have a bike! Loved our stay, and we will certainly be back!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Craig W
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My children and I just got back from an incredible trip to Gunnison, Colorado, where we stayed at Harmel's Ranch and Resort, and wow was it spectacular!!! The cabins, horses, food, scenery, amenities, swimming pool, service, and smiles of all the staff was unlike any place we've ever been! It truly was the highlight of our summer before the kids had to go back to school yesterday. My children, ages 16, 14, and 9, are already asking me if we can go back again soon! I would recommend this place to everyone - of any and all ages. It has a beautiful river that literally runs right behind the lodge/dining hall, and it is so refreshing and fun to relax and enjoy a drink or two, while the kids are swimming or fishing, and/or horseback riding. We also went whitewater rafting together which was an absolute blast for me and the kids!! And surprisingly, Harmel's took care of coordinating everything for us -- I didn't have to do anything, but relax and enjoy myself! It was fantastic!! I highly recommend this experience!! I was also pleasantly surprised on how inexpensive it was. The food was top-notch -- how do they get such fresh fruit and seafood up into the mountains like that?? If you want to get-away, relax, and enjoy the kids, as well as have some quality time to yourself in a pristene beautiful place, then do yourself a favor, and book Hamel's Ranch. You'll be glad you did!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Eric W
Reviewed July 28, 2012

My wife and 3 kids (and 2 dogs) spent 5 nights here (cabin 14) in early June. The ranch was still ramping up, new staff were arriving every day, and there was a lot of activity and excitement for the upcoming season. Most of the staff are young (college aged) and were very friendly. We got to know several by name during our stay. Amy in the front office was very helpful and friendly. The wranglers were all top notch. The fly fishing instructor was a young guy but really knew his stuff and was fun to be with. The river trip was our first time and was incredible. The food was very good, my family loved it and we ate too much!

As far as expensive, of course it is, but look where you are at! Compare it to other dude ranches and you'll see Harmels is a bargain. I love that it is a la carte in terms of activities. Most dude ranches seem to charge one price for everthing even though you might not like some of the activities. Not at Harmels, you pay for what you want to do. I mostly fished on the river and it was the best trout experience by far I've ever had. I caught a 6 lbs rainbow, a 5 lbs brown, and they are both in the river for the next fisherman/woman to catch. The fishing is included in the lodging price too!

I've seen some reviewers complain they didn't know about the 15% service charge. It was very obvious to me, all you have to do is pay attention. I was told about the charge when I booked my reservation and when checking in as well. It is clearly marked on their website too. But, what's unfortunate is some people don't pay attention and Harmels is blamed.

If you want a first class luxury resort, this isn't the place. But if you want a family atmosphere with good cabins, friendly staff, excellent activities, and memories to last a lifetime then go to Harmels. We will be back!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank mark4csu
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I have been enjoying Harmel's Resort on and off for over twenty years. It has been a real asset to the community and has been providing fun and excitement for families for over 50 years. It is one of the most beautiful areas of Colorado and offers family activities like fishing, horseback riding, camping, rafting, and a genuine outdoor experience. I strongly recommend the resort for anyone looking for authentic family oriented activities.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family