“GREAT STAY”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Allenspark
Sunshine Mountain Lodge
Reviewed October 11, 2009

Wonderful time at Sunshine Mountain. Yummy breakfasts every morning. Very welcoming to small children and pets, which is not always the case near RMNP. Lots of games and books available but the real treat is the GREAT OUTDOORS.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed September 17, 2009

Allenspark is at the edge of Rocky Mountain National Park, a short drive from the Wild Basin entrance. We arrived late and the cabin was fully lit and ready for us to use. The accommodations were comfortable and clean, nothing fancy but very user friendly. We both struggled with altitude sickness the first night and morning. Cathy had a whole series of herbal teas, and she recommended one that seemed to make a big difference.
The breakfast was served family style and was very healthful and delicious every morning at 8. They were very flexible about making adjustments in the food when my wife was feeling a little sick from something we ate in Estes Park.
I had an unexpected problem come up requiring me to be on line and on the phone for 3 hours. They have free internet with a great connection and Cory was gracious enough to let me use the phone, all without any expectation of being paid extra.
My son brought his dog for the visit, and he enjoyed the stay too.
Cory and Linda are gracious hosts who have a laid back and friendly attitude. The lodge area is very cozy and easy to use for visiting with large groups.
We were very pleased and recommend this pace to anyone looking for basic, comfortable accommodations, a great breakfast, much better than in much fancier B&B's since it was so healthy and you can eat what you want.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2008

Cory and Cathy, the lodge's owners, have forever put Allenspark, CO, on the map for me.

In July, my wife, Sara, and I had our wedding at Sunshine Mountain Lodge. In an age where the mention of "wedding" at any venue instantly makes the price jump 20%, it was such a relief to stumble upon a lodge that not only treats their guests like old friends but is modest about pricing and goes above and beyond to make your time there memorable.

From giving us wedding surprises, to helping serve food, to setting up tables, to making sure that there were enough towels by the hot tub, Cory and Cathy's Sunshine Mountain Lodge should be an annual, if not monthly, retreat for anyone that loves nature, delicious and healthy food, and amazing people.

I whole-heartedly recommend Sunshine Mountain Lodge.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank macbradf
Reviewed August 21, 2008

My partner, Matt, and I randomly found Sunshine Mountain Lodge back in August of 2007. We wanted something outdoorsy, relaxing, and homey for a tranquil weekend getaway. We found exactly that at Sunshine Mountain Lodge. A year later (in July of 2008), we decided to have our wedding reception there because we had enjoyed our first experience so much.

The amazing innkeepers, Cathy and Cory, were the easiest and kindest people to work with. Wow! They actually made our wedding planning experience fun and exciting (I don't know how many brides can say that about their wedding planning process!).

We rented out the entire place and had a fantastic weekend with 40 of our closest friends and family (and our dog!). (Our other guests stayed at nearby lodges.) The breakfasts are out of this world! Very homemade, wholesome, and fresh. They are great cooks. For our wedding reception, we used their well-equipped kitchen to do our own catering.

The Sunshine Mountain Lodge is great for family reunions or other retreats. The main lodge is so comfy and cozy, and the patio and deck are also great places to spend time. The cabins are rustic, but comfortable. And, being in such a beautiful location, who wants to spend a lot of time inside anyway?

Cathy and Cory are truly amazing people. They will go out of their way to make your experience a good one. They have created an amazing oasis at the Sunshine Mountain Lodge. I will be forever grateful to them for helping my wedding be exactly what I wanted.

Stayed: July 2008
2  Thank 2000dollarwedding
Reviewed August 6, 2008

We've just returned from a five day stay at the Sunshine Mountain Lodge near Allenspark, CO. We hope to return to these rustic cabins which are clean and dog friendly. Television and phone service is nonexistent in the cabins which only makes this destination a better escape. For those interested in hiking, the location of this lodge is perfect as both Rocky Mountain National Park and the Indian Peak Wildneress Area is easily accessed. Breakfasts are great and the owners are very accommodating. We are looking forward to a return visit! John & Mary

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 25, 2008

I just returned from an amazing weekend at the Sunshine Mountain Lodge. We were there for my niece's wedding. She actually had the wedding reception at the lodge. I have to say, it was the best wedding reception I have ever attended! There was so much to do.... dining outside at the tables set up on the gounds, relaxing in the hottub, dancing on the patio, playing one of the many board games the lodge has, making smores in the outdoor fireplace, etc.

My 2 daughters and I stayed upstairs in the main lodge. The room we were in sleeps 8. Each morning we were greeted by the innkeepers, Cathy and Cory, who served fabulous breakfasts. We ate outside on the patio, among the trees and the hiummingbirds.
I felt very at home at the Sunshine Mountain Lodge. I would highly recommend this mountain retreat to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2007

I recently spent 12 days at Sunshine Mountain Lodge, doing some writing, hiking and relaxing. the lodge is under new ownership, and Cathy and Cory Osban could not be more accomodating or delightful! The overall ambience of the resort is charming and promotes a relaxed atmosphere.

I was made to feel welcome and to feel that it truly was "my place in the mountains." The lodge is warm and welcoming, and the cabin was cozy and neat. The adorable moose theme is whimsical and fun. It is evident that they are working very hard to make the resort all that they wish for it to be.

The breakfasts were excellent! Cathy's strawberry burritos and Cory's muffins made each day a treat! You definitely must try Cathy's homemade granola and the wonderful teas they serve at breakfast.

My dog (my traveling companion) was also treated with TLC and had a great time enjoying the company of Roxy and Beetlejuice (the Osban's dogs) and the great smells in the mountain air.

I highly recommend Sunshine Mountain Lodge for a retreat, reunion, or just for a great place to enjoy the mountain air and renew your spirit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Allenspark
StoneBrook Resort
#16 of 29 in Estes Park
Deer Crest Resort
Deer Crest Resort
#11 of 29 in Estes Park

Been to Sunshine Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!