“Great value for the money”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Allenspark
Sunshine Mountain Lodge
Kansas
“Great value for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2008

We've just returned from a five day stay at the Sunshine Mountain Lodge near Allenspark, CO. We hope to return to these rustic cabins which are clean and dog friendly. Television and phone service is nonexistent in the cabins which only makes this destination a better escape. For those interested in hiking, the location of this lodge is perfect as both Rocky Mountain National Park and the Indian Peak Wildneress Area is easily accessed. Breakfasts are great and the owners are very accommodating. We are looking forward to a return visit! John & Mary

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dunedin, Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2008

I just returned from an amazing weekend at the Sunshine Mountain Lodge. We were there for my niece's wedding. She actually had the wedding reception at the lodge. I have to say, it was the best wedding reception I have ever attended! There was so much to do.... dining outside at the tables set up on the gounds, relaxing in the hottub, dancing on the patio, playing one of the many board games the lodge has, making smores in the outdoor fireplace, etc.

My 2 daughters and I stayed upstairs in the main lodge. The room we were in sleeps 8. Each morning we were greeted by the innkeepers, Cathy and Cory, who served fabulous breakfasts. We ate outside on the patio, among the trees and the hiummingbirds.
I felt very at home at the Sunshine Mountain Lodge. I would highly recommend this mountain retreat to everyone.

• Liked — The whole atmospere was amazing
  • Disliked — The driving distance to the nearest store.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2007

I recently spent 12 days at Sunshine Mountain Lodge, doing some writing, hiking and relaxing. the lodge is under new ownership, and Cathy and Cory Osban could not be more accomodating or delightful! The overall ambience of the resort is charming and promotes a relaxed atmosphere.

I was made to feel welcome and to feel that it truly was "my place in the mountains." The lodge is warm and welcoming, and the cabin was cozy and neat. The adorable moose theme is whimsical and fun. It is evident that they are working very hard to make the resort all that they wish for it to be.

The breakfasts were excellent! Cathy's strawberry burritos and Cory's muffins made each day a treat! You definitely must try Cathy's homemade granola and the wonderful teas they serve at breakfast.

My dog (my traveling companion) was also treated with TLC and had a great time enjoying the company of Roxy and Beetlejuice (the Osban's dogs) and the great smells in the mountain air.

I highly recommend Sunshine Mountain Lodge for a retreat, reunion, or just for a great place to enjoy the mountain air and renew your spirit!

Waite Park, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2007

I would not recommend Sunshine Mountain Inn unless the new owners really take control of the place, and bring the standards up. My daughter and I had the misfortune to have booked two nights with the original owner, Marge, who also required one night's payment in advance. She did not mention to me when taking the reservation, that she was selling the place and new owners were coming in. We arrived the day after the "change of ownership". It was quite obvious things were in "transition", and when we were shown to our cabin, it smelled musty and looked as if it had not been cleaned for some time as evidenced by thick dust on an old radio in the living room area. The only thing that appeared new were the towels in the closet-sized bathroom. We left for most of the afternoon thinking the housekeeping would have been done while we were gone, but when we got back later, that had not happened, and a loud party was also going on in the cabin next door. When it came time to go to bed, I decided to look at the bed linens to see if they were changed in one bedroom, and they were not as evidenced by stains and pubic hair. I then went into the other bedroom, and the same thing. Actually, both bedrooms looked as if they had not been cleaned in some time, and the beds should have been replaced -- they looked like something you get at the Salvation Army. In lieu of the ongoing loud party next door, and the filthy conditions of the cabin, we decided it would not be a comfortable situation to try to stay. We went back to Estes Park and were able to find a clean hotel for the night, and then go on to Denver in the daytime, a day earlier than planned and with more hotel expense involved. I called the owners the next morning after we left, and explained the reasoning behind our leaving and that we would not be at breakfast. I knew they were getting out of town company (the owner's mother), and did not feel that troubling them with our situation was the thing to do on their first day of ownership. In retrospect, I guess I should have gone down to the house, and talked with them. At any rate, as I had paid for both nights (the second night was paid for at the time of check-in) I told the owner I was not sure how they wanted to handle the situation. I have not heard from them since, nor have I received any type of refund in the mail. By the way, if the hot tub was as clean as the cabin we were in, I would be surprised, and the massages were not on site as one was led to believe -- one would have to call out of town for an appointment. I really think they were sold a "bill of goods" from former owner Marge who deceived them at the time of the sale. Hopefully they can make a go of it -- they seemed to be a nice young couple with a dream of owning a lodge in the mountains.

• Liked — The view was beautiful -- God put that there for all to enjoy!
  • Disliked — Filthy cabin.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank MinnesotaBabs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Allenspark
StoneBrook Resort
Stanley Hotel
Stanley Hotel
#13 of 29 in Estes Park
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,275 reviews

Been to Sunshine Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!