“Cozy little cafe up in the mountains” 5 of 5 bubbles

Meadow Mountain Cafe
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Allenspark
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Cozy little cafe up in the mountains”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Loved my experience at this rustic cafe. We started out on the porch but moved inside due to chill in the air. Both areas had warm rustic feel. We ordered different omelets to share. My daughter got the Two egg Meadow mountain omelet and I got the Greek. Both were great with generous proportions
Enjoyed it and will return

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Gonevandy

State College, Pennsylvania
“Great food in an unexpected location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

My wife and I were recommended this great little restaurant by a park ranger in the Rocky Mountains National Park and we hit this for lunch before doing some hiking in the Wild Basin area. It was definitely a great recommendation, with very tasty home-made food (mostly soups and sandwiches) located a stone's throw from the national park... especially if you're heading to Wild Basin. The service was friendly and prompt, and the setting is gorgoeus... and for where you are it's probably the best bet in town. I'd eat here again in a heartbeat.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Best breakfast/lunch food in Allenpark”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for great food and great service meadow mountain is the place to be. Its were all of the locals have been eating since the 70/80's, I should know because that's how long we have been going to meadow mountain my family own cabins in Allenpark and this restaurant is were we have been eating since for ever. Although the ownership has changed once the girls who own it now and run it have kept true to the original roots of this place. Because it is so popular with tourist and manly us locals unless u come early you might be waiting awhile, but trust me the food is worth the wait. My favorite items on the menu include the banana pancakes and the cream cheese burger with sprouts just trust me it is to die for!!!! *note* if you aren't a very patient person then you probably shouldn't come here or to the mountains really because even if there a little slow because there is only three of them running the place the people the view and the atmosphere are worth the visit . There are so many people to talk to and things to see u won't even notice if the service is slow or not. This place is truly a geme here and I hope you try it and love it just as much as my family has.

Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
“An absolute gem!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

We have been to Meadow Mountain Cafe on both of our trips to the Estes Park, CO area, and we knew it was a must from the moment we first visited. It is sooo adorable and it has truly the best food, especially the breakfast! I've traveled many places and I will always rave about Meadow Mountain Cafe's wheat toast! Well, well worth whatever drive and truly a precious gem along highway 7 in Allenspark, CO.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jake D
Dallas, Texas
“Superb Breakfast and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

I felt like I was walking into my own home. I was instantly at ease and comfortable. It was so inviting and warm in side. I love the décor outside as well. I had eggs with cheese, toast, potatoes and a side of sausage. It was awesome. My partner had two eggs, potatoes and wheat bread. The wheat bread was thick and out of this world awesome. They make it there. They also serve raspberry rhubard jam...this was so incredible. Our coffee was very tasty with rich smooth taste. I would love to try lunch here as well, definitely work the drive. Also the other customers were friendly. With tip and all we spent about $26.

When you finish breakfast check out all the art outside. Loved it esp the propane tank, bird houses and walkway. We took pictures.

• Visited May 2014