“Totally relaxing, beautiful views”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sombrero Ranch

Sombrero Ranch
Lafayette, Louisiana
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Totally relaxing, beautiful views”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Sombrero Ranch has several locations, but we had read other travel reviews and decided to go to the Allenspark location. The other travelers were right, it was much less crowded and smaller, but the people there could not have been more friendly. We ended up getting a private two hour trail ride for the two of us, with lots of information and beautiful views as we rode. Their German Shephard, Ingrid, walked alongside of us throughout the trail ride. You end up going up and down slopes and coming out in different meadows and crossed a small stream. The mountains in the background made for some great photos, as well as bonding with our horses. We personally like the quietness of this location and would recommend it. Allenspark is approximately 20 miles from Estes Park, right off of Highway 7.

1 Thank Cajuntraveler56

Seattle, Washington
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fantastic Horseback Ride!”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We had the BEST time on our Horseback Ride! Sombrero Ranch did a great job at making us feel welcomed and comfortable. Our guide Aubrey was fantastic with the kids and Compass is a hoot! All the wranglers and guides were friendly and engaging. Both my husband and I have ridden before but it was our childrens first time. My daughter is only five and we thought they would have her ride with one of us. We were delighted when they put her on her own gentle horse for Aubrey to lead. She couldn't stop smiling she was so happy! I wish we could have ridden each day of our trip to Colorado with them! The trails offer stunning views of the mountains and Aubrey gave us a little history to the area as well. The only drawback is now my kids want to have a horse of their own. You won't go wrong with choosing Sombrero!

Estes Park, Colorado
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Peace and Quiet!”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

If you want to experience the beauty of the mountains, try it on horseback! I took my mom (who turns 66 years old tomorrow) on a horseback ride down at the Sombrero Stables in Allenspark. I moved to Estes Park last year and have visited several different stables so far, but this was my first time here. This place blew me away! It was so quiet and peaceful! Away from the hustle and bustle of Estes in the summer months. We rode up mountains and down mountains, across a beautiful meadow, through a lovely little creek, through an awesome aspen grove.....I could go on and on. It was fantastic and I will definitely do it again! I will also say I absolutely loved my horse. It was beautiful and so sure footed I felt totally safe on him and he carried me to some of the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen! Loved it!....... Oh yeah, and the wranglers are cute!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly people, great ride”
Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

I took my family of 5 for a ride out of these stables on a recommendation. The staff at Allenspark were all very friendly and helpful. Our guide Stephanie was very patient with our younger kids. If ever we are back this way, I would definitely ride with this stable again.

Denver, Colorado
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great Time!!!!”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Compass set us up with the perfect ride. We were a group of 10 with 6 kids ranging from 5-12 and Compass knew just what we needed and everyone had a blast. She knows her business and is very honest. You won't find a better place to ride.

1 Thank MA B