“A Good Night Sleep”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Alamosa
Vail, Colorado
“A Good Night Sleep”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Not a lot of really nice options in Alamosa. I've previously stayed at the Days Inn (my daughter attends Adams) and thought I would try the Best Western for Homecoming week. Check in was smooth, super nice man at the front. I asked and received the 2nd floor. A small "welcome" sign at the check-in mentioned reward members...a nice touch you rarely see in cheaper hotels. The bed was great and the pillows were plentiful and soft. I brought my feather pillow from home and it wasn't needed. The television had a great selection of channels. I would have given it the highest score expect - there was no water offered at the free breakfast, only a water fountain. I don't drink juice or coffee so that was slightly disappointing. Also, housekeeping left two dirty plastic cups on my night stand and didn't leave additional. Minor issues, but just worth mentioning. Nice grassy area if you're bringing your pet (I didn't, but saw many with pets).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Hello AmyinVail! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! Thank you for giving our hotel a try! I am glad that check in went smooth for you, and glad that the man at the front desk was super nice! :) I am glad we were able to accomodate the 2nd floor for you! Thank you for recognizing our "welcome" sign for our BW rewards members! I am glad the beds were great, the pillows were plentiful, and soft, I am also glad that you did not need to use your feather pillow from home! :) I am glad that the television had a great selections of channels for you! However, I would like to apologize that we only have the 2 water fountains available for water, we do supply bottled water at the front desk and wished you would of asked one of the clerks they would of been more than happy to provide you with some. I would also like to apologize for housekeeping leaving the 2 dirty cups on the night stand but when our guests are stay overs housekeeping is not allowed to touch guests property and again we wished you would have contacted the front desk so that they would have supplied with you more. But thank you so much for mentioning your comments because we try to go above the BW's standards and try to keep our guest happy and coming back! Thank you for noticing the nice grassy area the pets love it :) We hope you will stay with us again and hopefully we will have met all of your standards and expectations because we strive on those 5 point reviews!! :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Thornton, colorado, United States
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Took the Cumbres-toltec narrow gauge train ride. It was suggested we stay in Alamosa. The Best Western is only 27 miles away from Antonito where you board the train. This Best Western's decor was bright and cheery, staff was very accomodating, clean quiet room and a great shower head. We would recommend this to our friends.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Hello Paul B! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! Yes, we are located only 27 miles away from the cumbres-toltec narrow gauge and that attraction brings many guests to our hotel!!! Thank you for noticing the decor is bright and cheery! :) I am glad to hear that my staff was very accomodating to your needs! :) Thank you for noticing that the rooms are clean, have great shower heads, and are quiet! Thank you so much for saying you would recommend us to your friends, that means alot to us! :) We hope to see you back soon!!!
Grand Junction, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My overall stay at the Best Western in Alamosa Co was very nice. The room, Lobby and grounds were very clean and well maintain. I recommend the Alamosa Best Western to any one who wants an enjoyable stay in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Hello Olive H! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! Thank you so much for the 5 point review, that means so much to us!!! I am glad to hear that your overall stay with us was nice :) Thank you so much for noticing that the rooms, lobby, and grounds are very clean. We try to do our best so that our guests will keep coming back! Thank you so much for saying you would recommend us to anyone staying in Alamosa, we also appreciate that!! Again, thank you for nice comments and we are looking forward to your next enjoyable stay in the future!!! :)
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I made an honest mistake when reserving a room at the Alamosa, CO Best Western. Somehow I entered the wrong date of arrival and did not even notice the error when I received my confirmation, Admittedly this was a careless mistake and I have learned my lesson. However, when my husband and I arrived 24 hours late, we were very disappointed that Best Western did not offer us any "break" on reserving a room. Our credit card was charged the full price ($110) for our "no show" and we were not offered any discount on a room for the evening we did need the room. The desk clerk said they were going to be "almost full" that night, however the parking lot was almost empty at 6:30 pm on a Thursday night (see photos). We find it hard to believe that the motel was going to be sold out that night.
It seems to me that good customer service would include a phone call after we didn't show up by 6pm on the night the room was reserved. We could have released our reservation and they may have been able to fill it with another party. It also seems that they could have offered us 50% discount for the night we did show up, or a credit for a future Best Western stay. Instead we left and found ourselves driving over the mountains in dark and saying we were done with Best Western.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KayB45
bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hello KayB45. Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor. I would like to apologize for your mistake when you reserved a room at my hotel for the wrong day. I would like to inform you that the desk clerk on duty said that you had been offered a discount but you refused because you said your room had already been paid for. I would like to inform you that our property was 100 % booked on the night you had a reservation and your reservation was the only room we had left to check in. The clerk said that we had to turn down several of guests looking for accomodations because we were just waiting on you to check in. I would also like to inform you that we have several nights that our property is already booked and our guests dont start checking in until later in the evening because they are out enjoying our attractions or traveling. However, we do agree with you that we could have given you a phone call but when you book on CRS a phone number of the guest is not provided so we did not have a way to reach you. We would have been more than happy to call and confirm the reservation with you had there have been an in use phone number. I would also like to inform you that (and this is just for your future reservations) whenever you make reservations through BEST WESTERN CENTRAL RESERVATIONS that we the property are not allowed to mess with reservations what so ever we are only aloud to check them in and thats it. My desk clerk also did say to me that you threatend to put this on trip advisor if we did not give you a free room and to us we felt blackmailed. We hope to see you in the future.
Manhattan, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This hotel was selected from the highway, as I needed a layover for the night during an extended driving trip. The room was large, the facilities were clean. The breakfast was OK. In short, it was adequate--about what one would expect from a Best Western.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Hello Robert P! Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! Thank you for choosing to stay with us as we were selected from the highway! I am glad we had accomodations for you :) I am glad you found our facilities to be large and clean!! I am glad that our breakfast seemed to be up to your standards and happy that you found our property to be adequate from what you would expect from a Best Western!! We hope to see you back soon!! :)
cheyenne, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The accommodations at this hotel were very nice. The room was clean and the beds were comfy. Staff was helpful and friendly. The only real drawback was that the pool was freezing! We did enjoy the hot tub, though.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hello Kerry Q! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! Thank you for stating that the accomodations of our hotel were very nice! Thank you for recognizing how clean the rooms are and how comfy the beds are! I am happy to hear that my staff was helpful and friendly to your needs! :) However, I would like to apologize that the pool was freezing for you, when you contact the front desk we immediately contact maintenance and have them higher the temperature or lower it as to whatever degree the guest is comfortable with! I am glad that you enjoyed the hot tub, it is very soothing!! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!! :)
Colorado Springs, United States
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We needed to find a place ASAP as we were on our motorcycles and we had been in a down pour rain for the last hour and it was getting late and cold. We came in dripping we and it didn't even phase the women at the counter. The lounge/breakfast area had a water fountain that was very soothing. The room was very clean. We needed to dry some of out clothes and the wash room was clean too. Breakfast was better then some Best Westerns we have stayed at. Price was a little higher then what we are use to at a Best Western, but overall it was a good stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Hello Meta S! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on trip advisor! We really appreciate your business! I am happy that we still had accomodations for you :) I am glad you were able to come inside while you were wet and no it would not phase any of my staff because that is how we CARE for our guests!! I am glad that you enjoyed the water fountain in the breakfast room, many of our guests do!! And they also enjoy the one that lights up outside at night :) Thank you for noticing that our rooms and our wash room is very clean. I am glad that the breakfast was up to your standards. We like to see our guests leaving full and satisfied!! I would like to apologize that you felt the the price was a little bit higher than the other Best Westerns but usually when you book ahead the price is lower. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you back soon!! :)