“Average Stay”

Best Western Alamosa Inn
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Alamosa
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Clean room, although over-priced in my opinion. The hotel is a bit dated and the wall dispenser in the shower is a combo Shampoo/conditioner mix; not a fan. We had a lower level room and could hear the dog barking in the room next door all night.
The free breakfast was not up to standard as most of the bread products showed signs of mold.

Room Tip: Unless you're only planning to eat cold cereal, make other plans for breakfast.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
bwalamosainn, General Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Hello kerrycorcoran! Thank you for staying with us we really appreciate your business! Thank you for noticing the cleanliness of our rooms, that is the #1 thing we strive on. However I do apologize for the over priced rate, had you have booked ahead it may have been a little less expensive,& as for the shampoo/conditioner dispensers in our rooms we do that for the Go Green Eco Friendly Environment Reason. I would also like to apologize for the barking dog in the room next door to you, if you would have contacted the front desk we would have contacted the pet owners immediately. Im Sorry our breakfast wasn't up to your standards but i hope that you will stay with us again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Alamosa Inn

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We had a wonderful time and the staff was so helpful and accomodating. When we checked in we realized that we had a room upstairs and asked of a lower level room because my husband & I had both hurt our feet/toes so they had now problems changing the rooms. We also had a wonderful staff member Andrew who told us where to hit all the nice local fishing spots.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lgchavez
bwalamosainn, Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Hello lgchavez,

Thank you for staying with us, we really appreciate your business. I would also like to thank you for the 5 point review, as it means a lot to us to know that we are doing our best and meeting our guests expectations.

I hope you will stay with us again the next time you want to come fish our wonderful lakes around the San Luis Valley.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stopped at the BW looking for a place to rest for the night. I was happy to find a room. I didn't
Have a reservation. The man at the front desk was courteous at check in. Our room was light, spacious and extremely clean. We were on the second floor away from the hwy and it was vey quiet. The beds were comfortable. The breakfast was very adequate with a wide selection of hot and cold foods and drinks. We did not use the pool. I would stay here again. I gave it a 4 because I think I paid more than I should of. Next time I'll reserve in advance.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank chasmofromwisconsin
bwalamosainn, Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Hello chasmofromwisconsin! Thank you for your review!

I would also like to thank you for staying with us, as we certainly appreciate your business. I'm very happy to hear that your stay with us was very exceptional. It's unfortuneate you didn't get to use the pool, you know, it is a heated pool, and if you don't want to go swimming, you could even soak in our hot tub for a while.

I hope the next time you're in Alamosa, you'll decide to stay with us and we won't be as expensive. Calling ahead usually does help, especially in the summer when hotels are the most busy.

Bina Rathi GM

Reviewed May 26, 2013

First you have to know this is an older motel that has been very nicely redone. The rooms are clean and the furniture comfortable. The landscaping was great and pet friendly.However, this is not a hotel. The walkways are all outdoors and there are no elevators to the second floor. If you use the nice clean pool and it is chilly - you could have an uncomfortable walk back to your room. The staff were wonderful and the breakfast and cookies in the lobby were delightful. The exercise equipment was in poor condition. Overall a very nice clean and comfortable motel.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank disneylamb84
bwalamosainn, Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Hello disneylamb84!
I would like to thank you for your review, it was very informative and you covered a lot of the important areas people like to know about. You are right about this being an old hotel, at least 50 years actually!

I'm glad to hear that our staff was very accomodating and that you enjoyed our breakfast and other aminities. I am sorry to hear that the exercise equipment was lacking for you, and we'll be sure to put that next on our list to be renovated!

Hopefully the next time you come to Alamosa, you'll choose to stay with us again and we'll be even better than the last! We really appreciate your business and welcome you back anytime.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We were on a family vacation and promised our 4 grandchildren that after 10 hours on the road that day we would stay at a hotel with a pool. We made our reservations online and when we arrived at the hotel to find the pool dry and "out of order" it was a very sad moment for the children. We then had to locate another hotel with a pool. Not very happy to have to extend a long day longer to relocate.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwalamosainn, Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Hello HowardT860, I would like to thank you for submitting a review, as your opinion is important to us and would like to resolve any issues.

We have recently had maintenance problems with our pool which caused us to have to drain the pool. During the time we have to wait for parts to come in, and for labour to be done, we've decided to update the pool. We've sanded down the rough spots and gave it a nice new coat of paint that needs a couple days to dry anyway.

Since it was such an unexpected problem, and knew the time taken to fix the pool would be much faster than the 3 week out-of-order sign the website would put up, we decided to offer to be able to cancel guests rooms outside of cancellation policy.

We try our best to accomodate every guest that walks through our front door. I'm disappointed that I could not meet your accomodations, but I hope that you'll stay with us again in the future and we will work even harder!

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with our two kids. It is a motor inn so not a fancy hotel but it is clean and comfortable. What makes it stand out is the incredible staff that treated us like extended family. They made sure we felt comfortable. Walking distance to the train depot but they offered us a ride. The included breakfast is complete and has something for everyone! I have stayed and much more expensive hotels that didn't come close to the value and comfort we received here

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank grandipiska
bwalamosainn, Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Hello grandipiska, I would like to thank you for your review and your business with us as well, both mean a lot to us here.

I am also very happy that your stay with us was pleasant and we could make you feel at home. We try to accomodate every guest, every way we can to help ensure their stay with us is above expectations. Thank you for your feedback on our breakfast! The choices that we have are something new that we implemented and are glad to know that the breakfast is doing well.

We hope to see you here again!

Thank you again for staying with us!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We travel from the Cayman Islands to Alamosa Colorado to see snow with our family, we stay at different hotels, however, the best hotel we stay at was Best Western Alamosa Inn, we enjoy the hospitality, the rooms were spacious, breakfast was nice and the service was out of this world I recommend this hotel to anyone going to Colorado.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Zoraida P
bwalamosainn, Manager at Best Western Alamosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Hello, and thank you for your review!

We are really glad that you enjoyed your visit here in Colorado. It's great that you also got to see the snow out here. I hope that you decide to come again next year, there's an Ice Festival in mid-January that's really awesome. We'll be sure to continue doing everything we can to make you, and the rest of the guests, happy as well as comfortable.