Fairfield Inn & Suites Alamosa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Grizzly Inn(Alamosa)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront desksand dunesgreat hotel for familiespaul mitchell toiletriesextra towelsbreakfast serviceoutskirts of townclean propertyreally enjoyed our stay herenewer propertymanaged hotelwestern edgebeds were very comfortableevery morningthe entire hotela great nights sleepi highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this new facility one night while passing thru town. Room was clean, absolutely quiet without hearing neighbors on either side of us or in hallway, shower head wasn't very powerful but beds were comfy. We didn't use the pool but did see that it was small and indoors. Continental breakfast was great and plenty of options to suit everyone, and Joe was so friendly while we enjoyed our breakfast. Please make sure and chat with him on your next visit to this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank cwjj
Troy L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Alamosa, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Joe is a valued employee. I'll let him know you mentioned him. Hope to see you next time you're in town.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed in this hotel while traveling to Four Corners Monument with my wife and children. Room was on the 3rd floor facing away from the parking lot. Everything was new, (which was nice), and the rooms (bed sheets and bathroom in particular) were very clean and presentable. The pullout bed had a new mattress (obviously) and was very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was better than most, serving eggs sausage, waffles, etc. and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Did not use the pool, but saw several families enjoying themselves, so I guess it was working fine. Ample parking and the check in/out process was a breeze. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay and I would recommend this hotel to people traveling with families.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 1DisneyFan1955

Thank you for reviewing our new property. Our staff works hard and appreciates the kind words. We hope to see you again next time you're in Alamosa.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I recently spent 1 night at this new Fairfield while hiking in and visiting Great Sand Dunes National Park earlier this month. The hotel had only been open 3 weeks when I arrived. There were several other new chain hotels next door also.

I was in a standard king room on the backside of the 3rd floor away from the highway and it was quiet. The furnishings were modern and attractive. The standard room was large and roomy, and had a very large walk in shower, but no tub. The shower water pressure was good and the towels were plush and soft. Several housekeeping issues, however, still need work.

The carpet in the hallway and in my room showed lots of visible small particles that the vacuum wasn't picking it. It either wasn't getting vacuumed, or the vacuum had insufficient power for the thick carpet, or the vacuum operator didn't know how to use it properly. When I brought this to the attention of the front desk, they acted surprised. Regardless of the reason, it is hard to believe that a supervisor didn't notice the same thing. It is called management by walking around.

Also, the lav top in my bathroom was black. While modern and attractive, black shows all kinds of residue such as water spots and soap. My lav top showed lots of dried soap spots on it from previous use, not what I would expect in a room that had been "cleaned". These dried soap spots would not wipe of but rather had to be scraped off since they had dried. Obviously, housekeeping was only wiping down the lav top thereby not removing the dried soap. Again, this should have been caught by a supervisor.

The wireless worked very well in my room, but I had lots of problems with the wired guest computer in the lobby business center as it kept kicking me off whatever site I was using, causing me to start over. The front desk staff acknowledge they knew it had problems.

Also, when I tried to make a hot drink in the 24 hour area of the lobby in the afternoon I found the "hot" water to only be very lukewarm. Since they use pump pots to dispense hot liquids, perhaps the hot liquids need changed more frequently.

All of these issues are easily fixed and hopefully they will be. I brought all of them to the attention of hotel staff. Future reviews will let us know.

All in all, however, I would stay here again if in Alamosa as I liked the room and decor, and slept good here. Visitors to Great Sand Dunes should know, however, that this hotel is located on the far west side of Alamosa, but Alamosa isn't that big. The drive to the park visitor center was about 35 miles one way. And I don't recall seeing any newer modern hotels between this Fairfield and the park.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank AustinWhitewater
Troy L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Alamosa, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Thank you for taking time to review our new property. Yes, there are several issues we are addressing. Specifically, the vanity tops are currently being refinished by the company that installed them. The rooms that have been done so far look amazing. We've had mostly excellent comments from guests overall and we've made alot of progress since opening. I apologize for any inconvenience and I invite you back to our facility next time you're in town

Reviewed June 22, 2014

This is a brand new property, that has some bugs to work out. We upgraded the room as we have Gold elite status, however they did not honor the original price and we payed extra for the room. I will the customer service center at Marriott next time but we were exhausted and wanted a bigger room. The breakfast bar needs more attention, but the food was there, it just needed better presentation. The location is 1 mile from downtown where the great food is located, it was a great choice for a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Troy L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Alamosa, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our new property. We appreciate every accolade and every suggestion in order to improve our guest experience. We will continue to smooth out the bumps in the road on our mission to making this the best lodging choice in Alamosa. I invite you to try us out again next time you're in town.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Used Alamosa as a stopping point halfway between Boulder and Santa Fe. It was brand new and that was interesting. But I have to say I was impressed with this new concept in hotel rooms. Not a typically hotel room. You can tell allot of thought went into making this an updated hotel experience. Room was nice with a number of utilitarian and comfortable features. You can tell they were still in the roll-out phase, but the staff was extremely helpful and well meaning. For a free breakfast, it was certainly OK. Eggs, a protein, cereals, breads, etc, etc. More then enough to start the day. I thought the price for a room was a little high given how remote Alamosa is and the fact the hotel is surrounded by fields essentially, so that may be a factor but all in all, I think the new Fairfield product is going to be popular with the business and family traveler. I really like the way Marriot updated the room in this class of hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Troy L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Alamosa, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Thank you for taking time to comment on our property. We have worked hard to during the pre-opening and opening weeks to provide our guests with a great experience. We use all feedback constructively to improve overall satisfaction. I hope to see you again in the future when you return to Alamosa.