“Great Stay”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Alamosa
Naples, Florida
“Great Stay”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

New property that is very clean. Good breakfast. Would stay here again.
Friendly staff. Used the laundry room for a fair price. Lots of choices at breakfast with plenty of space. Had a bulb go out and the maintenance guy came with a new one in no time.

Room Tip: You can hear the people above you quite easy so I would not take a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sam J
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for your comments and we appreciate your comments. Please come back and see us soon!
Deborah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was great reception clerk was very nice. BREAKFAST is like any other hotel bfast..! We went downstairs at 9am for bfast and placed our do not disturb sign up , we returned around 930..we left room at 10am and made sure we removed the do not disturb sign however when we returned at 5 pm our room had not been cleaned. The maids were in hallway when we left. They probably saw sign and never returned to see if we needed room service. .We did call and they did bring us fresh towels.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Elaina G
I thank you for writing this review and also thank you for advising us during your stay. A guest's input is valuable in my hotel! We have implemened a 2 step process for checking rooms with a Do Not Disturb on their door.
I apologize, for the incident and i am also pleased that my staff took care of things right away.
Thank you for your comments and please come back to see us soon!
Deborah
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Before I review, please just let me thank everyone at the HIE Alamosa! We were there for 3 nights and every staff member from housekeeping to management were pleasant, kind, courteous and professional. No matter where I passed a staff member, I was always greeted like he or she was happy to see me. I felt so welcome! Although the temperature outside was FREEZING, the minute we walked through the front doors we felt so much warmer! The reception area was nice, clean, uncluttered with warm finishes and a fireplace to make us feel right at home. The best part of the entrance was the smiles from the two SUPER FRIENDLY and COURTEOUS ladies behind the front desk. We just wanted to sit in front of the fireplace and relax, but alas, work prohibited that enjoyment! We arrived much earlier than we thought we would (10AM) and we were in our comfortable suite by 11! What a wonderful and happy thing! THANK YOU! This hotel felt and looked like a newer hotel; the phone in the bathroom gave away its age! Our room, just like everyplace else here was extremely well maintained and it is obvious the staff takes great pride in providing the highest level of customer service. Clean! Clean! Clean! It was awesome! I walked around my room in my white socks and they weren't dirty! I was surprised at how quiet our room was. We had two busloads of young adults but still slept like babies in a quiet room, on a comfortable bed, and with the best pillows EVER! Perfect location! Right off the main route and close to our venue. Additionally, we had a super Walmart just behind the hotel, as well as easy walking access to whatever we could possible need! I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the Alamosa area! It's on my "favorite list"!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank CharlieCN
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Thank you for coments on my hotel. I am happy to see you like the renovation of new carpet throughout the hotel..it is great !!
My staff strives every day to make this hotel feel like a home away from home for all our guests, and i am pleased that you found the hotel this way.
Look for more great things to come in the hotel..
GM- Deborah
Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 1, 2014

The property is relatively new (less than 10 years old) and is located on the west side of town adjacent to Walmart. Based on the fact that it has recently been renovated with new carpeting and paint, the property is in excellent condition. Although the physical condition of a hotel is important, in my experience, the helpfulness of the staff is even more important. Again, this property scored very well in that category. Coupled with the proximity to shopping, restaurants, and downtown, I would highly recommend this property. My experiences with Holiday Inn Express has been overwhelmingly positive, and this facility is no exception - no surprises, and that;s a good thing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor, on the NORTH side of the hotel. The rooms on the south side are ad...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank austinlightwriter
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for your review of the hotel. I liked that you put "no surprises"..... Consistancy is important to our travelers.
The renovation is completed with new carpet, tile, paint and bedding..new pillows too!!
Come back and see us soon...
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

This is a wonderful hotel. This hotel felt new in almost all areas and the only way we know it wasn't brand new is the lights.

Pros:
Great for families.
Good service.
Great breakfast. We LOVED the pancake machine. Very interesting and unique yet normal food too.
Warmest pool ever. Loved it after a freezing pool last hotel.

Cons:
I had to leave. No there was one.
The lights would flicker before turning on (didn't bother us).
Pool lights weren't on when we came in. When called they turned it on but after changing colors and 10 minutes (literally we looked at clock) they turned on and were fine (bothered us a lot).

We loved it and will come back if we ever go to La Junta again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Caribbean556
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for commenting on our LaJunta Hotel
HIEX Alamosa, CO
Wasilla, Alaska
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This is a very comfortable place to stay. The staff is great; all friendly and very helpful. We had a team of people in and they took very good care of us. The meeting room was great and the staff made sure we had plenty of water for the high altitude. My room had the worst shower head known to man and I reported it on Monday night. It never got fixed. That is the only reason I gave this hotel a "Very Good" instead of "Excellent". The food is great for breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank wholehogbrew
Thank you for commenting on our Hotel. I apologize that the showerhead did not meet your expectations, we did change out the head....but i will certainly double check this.
Thank you for staying with us and letting me know of the shower issue.
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We were traveling outside Alamosa when we hit a deer and totaled our vehicle. We managed to get a room and after seeing the tow truck drop us off, gave us a discount and also an extended check-out the next day until we could make arrangements. They will have our continued loyalty!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank LauraandJohn2014
Thank you for your comments with the hotel. I am happy that we were able to assist in a time of need...We are always happy to help our members whenever we can.
Deborah-GM