“Best place to stay in Alamosa”

Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Alamosa
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Comfortable, clean and always friendly personnel greet you at this Alamosa, Colorado, hotel. San Luis Valley is desolate. The Holiday Inn Express is a welcoming place were you'll get a good night sleep. Room layout and accommodations are perfect - price is a little high. After a long day on the road you'll get a great nights' sleep. Breakfast in the morning is extensive and hot items are offered.
Great Wi-Fi at the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the hotel. The staff strives to make every stay a great one, come back and see us soon!

Reviewed December 7, 2013

This is one of the loveliest Holiday Inn Express's we have stayed in....room was nice and breakfast great. The hotel was decorated for Christmas to get us in the Spirit of the Season! We had trouble with the thermostat in our room so we shut it off for the night and the room stayed warm with single digit temps outside. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Hotel is close to the wonderful Sand Dunes
Hot Springs pool with water at 97*, we will comeback to this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the busy hi-way:) above lobby side for a good nights sleep
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you for your comments on our hotel....the lobby does look like a winter wonderland with snowflakes all over.
Please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Arrived in Alamosa, late, the night before a backpack trip in the mountains. Nice staff, nice room, nice breakfast, nice price. Staff member, Deanna, gave us recommendation to best burger joint in town (Wise Apples). Bonus: Hotel is across the street from Kristi's Mountain Sports (outdoor gear store). What more can I say? Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Ask for room facing away from highway (third floor is best).
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Scott J
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thanks for the time writing a review of our hotel. We ARE located next to Kristi Mountain sports and did you know that a family can rent sand boards there for the Sand Dunes Nat'l Park too.
Glad you enjoyed the hotel...come back and see us soon!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Alamosa's a small town whose economy runs on tourism, agriculture, and a college. It's on two US highways near the Colorado-New Mexico border so it's a natural stop-over. There are dozens of places to stay, ranging from the dodgy old dives dating back to the forties and fifties to many built in the 60's and 70's to handle the road warriors coming through. Holiday Inn Express is the best place in town, and is among the newer properties. It's clean, comfortable and fairly quiet, considering it's right next to US 160. Front desk people were exceptionally friendly when I checked in and have always managed to say hi when I walked by. There's an indoor pool/hot tub facility that looks exceptionally well tended along with an exercise room that has professional looking gear. The breakfast room is a cut or two above average food-wise but what makes it work is the staff: a couple of women who keep the food fresh and the tables clean, not to mention having a cheerful morning greeting for guests. I've been coming through Alamosa for many years and this was my first shot at this place. It has now become my first choice.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face the highway but have a view of the San Luis Valley. Even numbers face the pa...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you for your loyalty and for staying at my hotel. The comments regarding my staff will be passed along...and go on our "wall of fame" for them.
The staff is proud to service our guests and again thank you for your comments and come back and see us soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We needed a place to stay as we traveled from Durango to Denver. This was a beautiful hotel, well appointed and conveniently located within walking distance to a new Walmart and Dollar Tree. The staff was well trained, friendly and helpful. the breakfast was the best I've seen for a Hotel and there were several attendants checking the temperature and quality of the food. The indoor pool and spa were immaculate and a very inviting shade of blue. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thanks for your comments on my hotel, we appreciate our guests taking time to rate us!
My staff and I are dedicated to our guests and i am excited to see that we met your expectations in every way.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

For the past few months, I've had to stay in Alamosa on a weekly basis due to my work schedule. As I have done in the past, I chose Holiday Inn Express due to consistency with their accomodations and overall facilities. After my first night, there was no doubt that I would be staying there till my work was done. The front desk (Janelle, Deanna, Brandi and Sara) are always friendly with a welcoming smile and ready to go the extra mile to make sure I have a pleasant stay. Housekeeping does a great job with the rooms, ( I must have stayed in all of them) always confortable and clean. Wendy and Desire' work very hard to have a hot breakfast ready by 6:30, ( service is better that many restaurants I have visited).
Never met anyone from maintanance, maybe because they stay on top of any issues so the guests don't have to worry?
Nice size indoor pool to relax in and a confortable exercise room next to it makes this a "home away from home".
With Wolf Creek Ski area an hour west and The Sand Dunes 30 min. east, this is the perfect hotel to stay at for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

THANK YOU for taking the time to review my hotel. THE TRUE TEST OF ANY HOTEL IS OUR LONG TERM STAY GUESTS for they see it all both the good and the not so good.
I am pleased that the hotel is your "home away from home"...we appreciate your business and your loyalty. I will pass your comments along to my staff...and as always
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Alamosa

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Rather than stick blindly to just one chain, I use TripAdvisor to select the hotels we use on our trips. This Holiday Inn in Alamosa has got to be a real jewel in their chain. It stands up to any hotel in its class and beats many of those more deluxe hotels that charge much more. The room had all the facilities, including a large counter in the bathroom, the new "easy to keep clean" TV remote, etc. An extra mirror above my desk was a nice touch. A good night's sleep is the first requirement, of course, and that was no problem here. The bed was very comfortable and we heard no noises at all during the night--very quiet. But the highlight has to be the breakfast room. It is large with regular, identical tables and chairs rather than a hodgepodge of different furniture. The layout was good, too, with good spacing to avoid congesting spots. And the ladies that work there are the real secret. Many breakfast areas have one person, maybe good, maybe not, trying to handle the whole thing. Difficult at best. I saw three different ladies, at least, working this breakfast, even though this was not a busy day and there weren't many guests eating. The breakfast hours are from 6:30 to 9:30. Would you believe I saw a lady bringing out fresh bacon at 9:22? By then, most would be shutting down already. So, well done, Holiday Inn. You could teach other hotels how to do business.

Room Tip: We chose a room away from the highway to avoid traffic noise. I don't know if it would have bee...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ArtColorado
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

I thank you for your review of my hotel. We are fortunate for I believe we have the largest breakfast room ever!! The hotel mantra is "JUST DO IT RIGHT" and this is what the Holiday Inn Express Alamosa does.
I am pleased that you found your room accomodations pleasing also.
Come back and visit us real soon !