“Good food”

Wize Apples
Ranked #23 of 67 Restaurants in Alamosa
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Definitely the kind of place you could drive right past and not take any notice, but definitely worth stopping. Good chicken sandwich, huge serving of avocado which I added as an extra. My husbands French Dip looked good, too. We had our kids, which was ok at lunch, but seems like it would be more bar than restaurant in the evening.

2  Thank 1tiredmam

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Good burger reasonable price. Ambiance isn't great but okay for a burger joint. Huge portions and all you can eat fries.

1  Thank Cole W
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I was traveling with my son and his friend (both 11) and we stopped here kind of randomly. Both kids like burgers and they advertised them on the outside. Very divey interior, kind of sketchy on the onset. We had adequate service (It was a Wednesday around 1PM) - nothing amazing but what I had expected. The burgers were very good, quite big and tasty. The fries looked hand cut and were the rough cut kind. We all really liked them. And the price was fair (around $8 for burger and fries). I would recommend the place for burgers but would not make a special trip. If you visit the Sand Dunes and are in Alamosa and looking for a good burger - go here.

2  Thank CCG_from_Denver
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

The food here is awesome! The service is always fairly slow.. Generally the customer service is good and the wait staff is professional, but on this visit I witnessed one of the waiters taking shots behind the bar during his shift. Extremely unprofessional!!!

4  Thank lynnaebv
Reviewed May 4, 2014

This is where quantity is valued over quality. Portions are huge. Food tasted rancid and I had to scrape the guacamole off my burger to be able to eat it. They advertise house made fries but mine were soggy and cold. Place is a dump. Burger was barely edible. I will give the another chance if in the area because it seems to be a favorite with the locals. Who knows..

1  Thank Tuomas H