“Clean, comfortable and affordable”
Review of Valley Motel

Valley Motel
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Alamosa
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
“Clean, comfortable and affordable”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, there was plenty of hot water and the breakfast, included in the low price, was the best we've had in any motel we have stayed in. Management is very friendly and accommodating. I'd stay here again if I was traveling through the area.

Room Tip: Room was on the small side but beds were great.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Duane B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Korean first
Curitiba, PR
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Those who have followed my reviews know that when I give a budget hotel like the Valley Motel, I mean that this is a very good value for the money. We paid $60 bucks for the room using the 10% discount available on the hotel website. This is NOT a fancy place by any stretch of the imagination, but the room was clean, it has wireless internet and a good selection on Cable TV. The breakfast wasn't bad either. The Comfort Inn in Alamosa was asking almost twice as much per night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Nils62
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The owners are obviously trying very hard to upgrade this old motel and have invested in new tile floors in the baths and maybe new carpeting, but it was not a comfortable stay. There was not a shelf, rack or any surface in the bath to place so much as a tube of toothpaste and the sink hung at a precarious angle from the wall. Only one lamp in the room. We had to ask for hangers for the cubbyhole that was the closet. Hot water was frequently nonexistent and at other times scalding hot. After reading some "okay" reviews on trip advisor we decided to give them a try. Indeed they seemed to be booked up every night, but as I titled this review, I just can't recommend it, not even at half the price.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Cheryl5353
South Fork, Colorado
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My husband and I live 45 miles from this motel. We were going to spend the evening with friends and did not want to make the long drive home. we did not want to spend a lot of money, but wanted a good night's sleep in a clean room.

Throughout my life, I have passed by this motel literally hundreds of times. It has always been a quaint little motel. Recently, it came under new ownership. They literally worked it over from head to toe. The flooring was all brand new and our room was huge! Our particular room had 3 double beds and a sleeper sofa!

Another added bonus is the fact that they accept pets. We took our small dog for a minimal fee of $10. There was so much room! I don't believe all of the rooms are that large, but all of them have been refinished. We even had a mini fridge, a coffee pot, and a microwave oven.

They are still in the process of remodeling the motel. They do have plenty of rooms though! Being a native of the San Luis Valley, it warms my heart to see old businesses brought back to life. This is such a great area and so heavily traveled with tourists, it's nice to have some clean affordable places for people to stay.

The only reason I did not get this 5 stars across the board is because the door lock on our room did not work properly. The deadbolt would not work at all. I'm sure they will address this as they continue to improve the motel. We were not overly concerned, however, because Alamosa it is not a high crime location.

The room was spotless! If you are looking for high-end furnishings, this is not the place. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable, affordable motel, this is for you! The owners were very friendly! They were very concerned about meeting our needs. If we ever have to stay in Alamosa again, we will definitely be staying here!

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank PearmanCasa
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed March 18, 2012

The Valley Inn in Alamosa continuously works to make your stay comfortable and affordable. I work out of town and have stayed there for seven weeks. Walkways are well lit and noise is not a problem. I enjoy a coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave, cable TV and WI FI. Lately a phone has been added to my room. The beds are new and I get a great nights sleep. All this at a great rate.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Lorri R
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 16, 2012

For some reason, Alamosa is not a great place to search for budget accommodations; everything is rather pricy. The Valley Motel stands out because for under $50, you get a clean, freshly remodeled room and a super friendly owner. my girlfriend and I stayed here on our way to the Sand Dunes Park, and we would definitely come back again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I had a job interview in Alamosa and am currently unemployed so I needed a safe, clean room for a little money as possible. I found it! The hotel is apparently under new management and they are upgrading. I got a non-smoking, two double bed room with microwave, stove, and fridge for $50 TOTAL! That's after the 12% tax is added. It had a tv with remote and a kitchen table. Bathroom was fine (clean) and no better/worse than a Super 8 or Motel 6. The shower was hot, stayed hot and lots of fresh towels. The bathroom/kitchen area was a little cool but only b/c they are further away from the heater, which worked great by the way. The hotel is in a great location, the owners/clerk were friendly, and they serve a typical budget continental breakfast. As a single woman who just needed a place to sleep and get ready for an interview, I was very happy and would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business