“sand dunes and more”

Hampton Inn Alamosa
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Alamosa
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Wonderful hotel. Very friendly and very clean. The coffee bar was nice to have any time you want. The front desk was very helpful. The room was very clean and modern. The sofa bed was comfortable for the kids. Great location- near sand dunes, alligator farm, Zapata falls, etc.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Hampton Inn is typically not my first choice when choosing a hotel. After experiencing this Hampton Inn, they probably will be the first hotel I consider. Rooms very comparable to any other hotel in this class of hotels (Holiday Inn Express, Courtyard, etc). Room was clean and comfortable, pool and hot tub very nice. The breakfast is what set it apart from the other chains. Eggs with steak and cheese one morning, eggs with ham and cheese the next, fresh fruit, coffee cake, etc. Great wifi throughout hotel. Definitely the best hotel in the area. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the place.
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This hotel was very clean and kept up well. Staff were great and the breakfast was wonderful. I would recommend this hotel to my friends. The only problem was with the registration process and it was a minor problem. The internet went down and was out for a few hours, so they could not link to the discounted rate our group was approved for and I had to call back the next day.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Lori Y, General Manager at Hampton Inn Alamosa, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Alamosa, we're glad you enjoyed your stay! I apologize for the internet issue we experienced during your stay. I hope that our staff was able to adjust your rate to reflect the correct discount for your group. Please feel free to give us a call if any further corrections are necessary!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The room was clean and very roomy, with great internet and a desk which enabled me to work easily on a presentation. A laptop table was also provided in the room to use as I sat on bed or a chair if I did not need the desk. Overall, the check-in and check-out, as well as the staff were very helpful and made the stay very comfortable and easy.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great value and wonderful staff. We used to stay at the Holiday Inn, but the value was much better here and their support for Adams State University students and their families made us switch. The Hampton is very clean and the staff goes out of their way to make every guest feel welcome. They are very helpful!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

What a lovely comment! Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We certainly value your business and your loyalty. Go Grizzlies!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Beautiful hotel with friendly staff. My kids were disappointed when we got there and there were no cookies so the clerk made a fresh batch after I told them to ask her and they gave her their puppy dog eyes.

What was really nice about this hotel was that the indoor pool was heated! So very nice in the middle of the blizzard that raged outside. My kids had such a good time in the pool.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Julie W
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My wife, daughter and I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn in Alamosa, CO while there for the Monte Vista Crane Festival in early March. The motel is clean and well staffed. They are very helpful, courteous and prompt. The breakfast was included and was fine.

My complaint has to do with the captioning on the room TV. My wife is deaf and depends on captioning to enjoy her programs. The person at the front desk the first evening we were there came up to the room and was unable to get it to work. The day shift person the next day failed as well. So, no captioning. The funny thing is, we stayed in a Holiday Inn Express next door to the Hampton Inn last summer and they couldn't get their TV captioning to work either. Their cable company was absolutley zero help.

So, if you don't need TV captioning, I would recommed the Hampton. If it's important to you, find a place that has it.......but not the Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeff S
Lori Y, General Manager at Hampton Inn Alamosa, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

I apologize for the problem you experienced during your stay with the Closed Captioning on your television. We recently upgraded our cable service to provide more HD channels and when they installed the new boxes, the captioning options changed. We were unaware of this until your stay. I am so sorry we were unable to get it functioning for you and your wife. We called in our cable provider, Optimum, who sent a tech out to show us exactly what to do. We now have written instructions for our staff and I will make sure that the instructions are also placed in every handicap-accessible and hearing impaired room for our guests.