“Large, clean rooms with good breakfast and exercise room”

Hampton Inn Alamosa
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Alamosa
iowa
“Large, clean rooms with good breakfast and exercise room”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stayed one night in early January. Outside temp reached minus 25 that night. Hotel was warm and cozy. Large room with king bed, clean very functional. Property seems relatively new. Good exercise room which is important to me. Various breakfast options including ones that could be eaten on a lowere carb diet. We stayed at another Hampton inn later in our trip in Pueblo, Co and had similar positive experience. I am a top tier Marriott rewards guy and I like this concept and property by Hilton.

Room Tip: I suspect all rooms have similar layouts. I like higher floors to eliminate noisy feet above in the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 24, 2013

If you are on a business trip then the Hampton Inn in Alamosa is the location to stay. Starting first with the staff, they have always been very friendly helpful on any request I have had. Checking in is easy and not a hassle like some hotel chains make it seem. As a traveler I understand that the highway or interstate travel can be a little noisy so what the staff does for me is to make sure my room is on the opposite side of the hotel. The rooms are clean and spacious and the beds are very comfortable, that alone is a reason to stay at this location. The complimentary breakfast is above average and is one of the reasons I also stay at this location. They are next restaurants and a supercenter Wal-Mart, with a movie theater next door. I will be staying at this location the next time a travel to Alamosa.

Room Tip: Always have your room the opposite side of the highway or interstate..
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mike s
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was very nice after a long day in the car. Rooms were clean and comfortable, and a short drive to restaurants. Not a walkable location, but quiet and friendly. Would stay here again when in Alamosa.

• Stayed October 2012
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed there because my daughter had a volleyball tournament in Alamosa. The team stayed at another hotel and I stayed at the Hampton Inn because I had a credit. My hotel was much nicer. The room was very clean. The entire hotel was clean. I used the workout room and it was good compared to most. All the equipment worked and they had a decent set of dumbells. The staff was nice enough and the breakfast was OK. There was construction in front and it was a little tricky to even figure how to enter the hotel, but once I figured out the options it was not a problem.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Alamosa, CO
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I spend about 100 nights a year in hotels and I have stayed in many Hampton Inns. This newer hotel is one of the most unpleasant experiences I have had to endure. The staff is not friendly upon check in and cold with interactions during the stay. The room itself was normal in cleanliness and equipped. The hotel had several high school or college age students staying that engaged in wrestinig matches in the rooms, yealling and screeming up and down the hallways, slamming doors, and late night banging on doors. A call to the front desk failed to make a material difference. Throughout the night my wife and I suffered through hearing normal voiced comversations easily making their way through the paper thin walls. Bathroom noises testified to the large number of people using or visiting thr nearby rooms. Given that almost all Hampton Inns are built with the same plan I can only assume cost savings were made in soundproofing. Truck sounds from the nearby highway reinforce my assumption of such poor sound proofing. Staff made no offer to improve the situation even after contact.

Room Tip: Pray that you don't have a similiar experience.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SleeplessinAlamosa
Lori Y, General Manager at Hampton Inn Alamosa, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern. While our staff continuously monitored the noise in the hallways, it is clear we could have done a better job keeping down the noise level in the rooms. I apologize. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again. Thank you.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We have stayed here on three separate occasions. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are always very clean and well maintained. It has always been a nice quiet hotel as well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area. The complimentary breakfast is good for those wanting something on the go. It isn't the best but certainly not the worse. I'm not complaining as the food is free and only gets so good when there is a regular restaurant on site. This is a good value overall for the price. There are several restaurants close by.

Room Tip: We always choose a room on a high floor away from the elevator which helps with the noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bjorndki50
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This was the perfect stop in a clean brand new hotel. The heated pool was great, the room was nice and clean. Breakfast was good. We had a quiet night sleep. The price is very cheap for the value. A true Hilton place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family