“Unexpectedly Good Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2013

While visiting a nearby attraction we visited Alamosa and happened on the Bistro Rialto. We stopped by for dinner. My wife and I have pretty high standards for Italian food being from Chicago and New York City.

What we found was some surprisingly good Italian food. My wife had the lobster ravioli with a pesto sauce. We we surprised that the sauce was brown. We had expected a red sauce. However the taste complimented the lobster ravioli very well. The pesto was there but it didn't dominate.

I had the Spinach Vegetarian lasagna. It had a bit more cheese on top than I would have liked but pushing that aside was easy enough, The amount of cheese, spinach, and vegetables in the lasagna was well balanced.

The service was excellent; very fast and courteous.

If we're in Alamosa in the future we'll be dining here again.

1  Thank Robert M

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Bistro Rialto has two dining rooms, thus presenting a more intimate setting than many. The menu has meat, poultry, and seafood entrees as well as pasta, although overall it is a short menu. I had 1/2 a lasagna and it was plenty, cheesy with a spicy tomato sauce and meat. Wine available by the glass or bottle. The tiramisu was very good. If you are from a city with a large Italian population and have many ethnic restaurants to choose from, you may not enjoy Rialto as much, but it is a gem in its community.

Our server was efficient, attentive, but not hovering.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Good Italian food with great service in a nice atmosphere. The chicken marsala was very good as was the basil pesto.

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Rialto is a wonderful little restaurant. I recommend vegetarian lasagna and my wife likes the pizza. I also keep a close eye on the special menu that is changed daily (I think). They are fantastic.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

There are not too many quality food choices in Alamosa, Colorado, however, Bistro Rialto on Main Street is probably your best choice of a restaurant anywhere in this general area. It is historically quaint with the old tin ceilings and decorations reminiscent of Old Italy. There are photos displayed in the foyer of many well-known personalities such as Frank Sinatra and Jackie Gleason having dined at this historically significant restaurant. We were greeted in such a gracious, friendly, and accommodating manner, that I knew the host had to be the owner. She is a sweetheart and treats everyone equally and with genuine concern that you have a wonderful dining experience. The wait staff take her lead and provide friendly and attentive service. We received our drinks and food quickly and everything was well timed so you wouldn't feel rushed nor have to wait too long for anything. The food was 'very good' for a remote area and we enjoyed our meals. The Bistro Rialto offer entre' half portions, so if you want to try a couple appetizers also, you won't feel overstuffed. They also offer gluten free pasta, however, the pasta is not homemade. It was obvious that both locals and tourists frequent this restaurant ~ it was packed, every table filled, and definitely the busiest restaurant in town from our observation. Yes, we would return to dine here again and next time perhaps order the lobster ravioli that we noticed many patrons were eating. This restaurant also has a large banquet area for special occasions.

Been to Bistro Rialto? Share your experiences!