“So different” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bistro Rialto
Ranked #5 of 63 Restaurants in Alamosa
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sun City, Arizona
“So different”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

This place is so different from other restaurants in Alamosa. The lasagna is delicious, but recently I tried the Italian Chef salad and it was so tasty. Then I had the Italian nachos...of my...it is the best. Kent fries his own blue, red and white corn tortilla chips (amazing) with sausage bits, cheese, a little artichoke hearts and jalapenos- can't tell you how great it was. My new fav.

Visited September 2012

Denver, Colorado
“Good stuff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

After an afternoon of hiking at Great Sand Dunes National Park we stopped in at Bistro Rialto for dinner before heading back to our hotel. After the Fried Calamari appetizer, I ordered the Lobster Mac & Cheese while my fiancee ordered the Pasta Alfredo with Chicken. The lobster mac & cheese was among the best I've had anywhere. Her Pasta Alfredo was also very good. The waitress could have known a bit more about the individual dishes and their main ingredients, but the questions were answered quickly and, overall, service was very good.

• Visited September 2012
Tennessee
“One of the best in Alamosa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Nice choice of dishes and wine, served well with pleasant background music. Reasonable prices. I particularly like their tomato/basil bread starter and their chicken marsala. Friendly staff and a nice atmosphere. This restaurant would not fail in a larger city.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Clogtowner
Thornton, Colorado
“charming Italian Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We ate here after our train ride and enjoyed our dinner. My wife had a very good salad & I tried the Lasagna which was a little disappointing. I've had Lasagna at some very good Italian restaurants but this left something to be desired. Our waiter was excellent & the spumoni ice cream as excellent. I would go back just for the ice cream. Next time I will try something different.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Very nice Italian restaurant for Alamosa.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

Quite acceptable range of "standard" Italian offerings along w/ pizzas and calzones. There were six of us. Two of us each greatly enjoyed a calzone (Baja and 5-cheese selections). A little side of marinara for my 5-cheese calzone cost extra! Another person ordered a half portion of vegetarian lasagna; it was a generous, tasty half. My wife's Italian wedding soup in a bread bowl as a bit disappointing, e.g. rather bland, too little soup, too much bread bowl! House salads were ok; the large house salad is ample for two persons to split. Only major disappointment was one of our guests chicken marinara was served only mildly warm. Needless to say it was immediately sent back!
Service was excellent. Waiter, Mark?, was very attentive and responsive.
BTW: the spumoni ice cream was huge and excellent!

• Visited July 2012