The lady who checked us in was lovely, so helpful. We looked at the room and it seemed worn but fine, no obvious mold or nasty smells. It also came with a hot breakfast. In the morning I had a couple of itchy bites so checked further into the bed. Yep, bedbugs. We told the fellow who was at the desk, he said the previous guest must have left them. I don't think so, they were well established. He obviously didn't care and wasn't about to do anything about it. We had our breakfast and as the day went on I developed a swack of itchy red bites.
That is a first in many nights of hotel/motel travel. What a trip spoiler. I hope we never run across such blatant disregard for a guests health again. Traveller beware!