“Friendly, convenient, affordable, always there when I go visit my daughter”

Americas Best Value Inn-Azusa/Pasadena
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Azusa
Hayward, California
“Friendly, convenient, affordable, always there when I go visit my daughter”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

When my daughter went away to college, it is my home away from home. They are always friendly when I visit and make me feel at home. It is close to her college, stores, and places to eat. The pool and spa are enjoyable. Thanks for making it so easy.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Upland, California
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Great accomodations for your family and friends when your house is just a little too full. The staff is awesome, accomodations are clean, feel like home. Thank you for making it so easy to have company.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cyndi R
Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We requested for a non-smoking room and was given. Unfortunately the room given was strongly smell smoke. We called the front desk and was given another room immediately. Great place with acceptable price to stay. We plan for family vacation in 2012 and possible will stay for 4 or more days.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank laimtxuj1
Olympia, WA
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Not a nice place to stay. Dirty and poorly maintained. The carpet was stained and dirty with some kind of filmy, semi-translucent stains. The chair upholstery was dirty and torn. The bathroom was moldy with dirt in the corners. I checked the mattress for bedbugs (didn't find any bugs) and discovered a stained, filthy mattress. There were also deliberate cuts in the sides of the mattress which I assumed a guest used to hide things. There is a $$$ deposit for the TV remote control.

The manager did offer another room, but the first sign that things were off was that the door was propped open and a fan was being used to draw out the smell. I am not sure what the smell was but I couldn't stay in the room 1 minute let alone overnight.

I booked through my airline and after speaking with the travel rep, the manager did agree to refund my money (even the deposit for the remote control)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
abvilasvegas, Public Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Azusa/Pasadena, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I am happy that you were satisfied with your full refund. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. I assure you that your claims were corrected and hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.
Manager, Ray
Monterey, California
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Rooms were clean,air conditioner worked well,the maid service very good,location perfect for our needs. The staff was very helpful, and professional. Look forward to another stay soon.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank boscothe3rd
CT
Reviewed March 13, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 weeks. The satff was wonderful. The rooms were very clean and if I go back to Azusa again I will definately stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shannon062172
San Francisco
Reviewed July 5, 2009

Based on the reviews we booked a room with this hotel. It was overall very disappointing. Rooms were outdated. Hotel staff couldn't even fix a squeaky door. Continental breakfast was a joke. There were only a few prepackaged Danishes and that's it. All juicers were broken down and no one seemed to care. Other than a basic clean bed, nothing else was worth the while. Neighborhood was somewhat unattractive, hardly any decent restaurants. I would never go back again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carpe_Diem_626
Also consider these accommodations in or near Azusa
Super 8 Azusa
Garden Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Glendora
Best Western Plus Route 66 Glendora Inn
Red Roof Inn San Dimas - Fairplex

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Azusa/Pasadena? Share your experiences!