“Perfect”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Avila Beach
Windsor, California
“Perfect”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

My husband and I took a few days of needed vacation away and decided to stay here. This was by far the best place we have ever stayed. The staff were incredibly nice and helpful. The morning croissants, afternoon nachos, wine, pies, etc. This place has it all and does not charge for every little amenity. I forgot to mention the generous gift basket, the gorgeous room, and the amazing little town. We will be back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Avila_La_Fonda_Hotel, General Manager at Avila La Fonda Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Stacie K,

Wow! What a wonderful review. We simply cannot thank you enough for taking the time to let others know about your recent visit to our Inn. It is so nice to know that you felt value in staying with us and that you consider it a place of relaxation and that you were able to take advantage of some of the wonderful things that we do for our guests. We hope to see you again in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Christopher King | General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for an evening as we made our way down the coast for vacation and I gotta say that it was the highlight of our trip. From its old Spanish decor to the family feel, we enjoyed it so much that we actually wished we just stayed in Avila beach and enjoyed the hotel longer.

Since this is a boutique hotel, it's more quaint and you're more likely to get a room if you reserve in advance since it's small. Having said that, you will NOT be disappointed staying here. The staff is extremely kind and courteous and you are immediately treated like family. We received complimentary glasses upon check in and a cute box of truffles when we left as a thank you. They had a lovely selection of books, DVD's and CD's to borrow for your stay at no additional cost as well as an entire 24hr snack room that's all based on the honor system. All snacks and beverages you purchase are sold at wholesale so there's no up charge like most other hotels do. Their philosophy is to keep you happy by treating you fair and not ripping you off like most other hotels do.

During the evening you're invited to the lobby for complimentary wine and snacks followed by homemade fruit pies and ice cream which are awesome!

We lucked out getting a room cause we were just passing through on our coastal road trip and there just happened to be one room available. It happened to be one of the best rooms which included a jacuzzi, terrace, sofa, fireplace, fridge and microwave. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention the snack basket full of complimentary goodies in our room including microwave popcorn for you to enjoy while watching a movie! For my wife and I, it was extremely romantic and certainly rivaled the upscale hotels we stayed at when going through Big Sur earlier in our trip.

Whether it's for a few nights or just an evening passing through Avila beach, this place is leaps and bounds worth EVERY penny you spend! Do yourself a favor and treat yourself by staying here, you will not regret it!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Solo0312,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. As a Senior Contributor to TripAdvisor it's nice to know that a seasoned traveler such as yourself found our Inn to be worthy of a 5 star rating. I am so pleased to hear that the staff, accommodations and amenities were up to par with your expectations. Please come back and see us again soon.

Kind regards,

Christopher King | General Manager
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I came here for my birthday earlier in the year, after researching online for a nice hotel to stay at I decided on Avila La Fonda! What a wonderful decision that was truly. From the wonderful service, to the small touches such as the wine & appetizer hour, or the pies in the evening. The chocolate croissants in the morning were delicious. The room was very lovely, loved the jacuzzi and the guestbook. The bed was a bit uncomfortable, but that was the only downside of the entire experience. My boyfriend and I have a new catchphrase ever since staying here: We are not in La Fonda anymore, would definitely come back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is one of the most pleasant and friendly hotels I have every stayed in. The service was excellent - a warm welcome upon arrival and friendly throughout. The room was well appointed with a lovely spa bath and balcony as well as a fire in the corner. There are many lovely little touches such as the freshly baked cookies every few hour

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 2, 2013

A wonderful, warm and inviting atmosphere with such lovely people, so friendly! I am telling all my friends to come and experience this hotel. I have never been to a property where I felt so much at home. When you walk in, you are greeted by the smiles of friendly staff and the smell of fresh pie. Tyler and Joe where simply amazing. Tyler gave me a tour of the property and answered all of my questions.

The only bad thing is the fact that I had to checkout the next day. I simply did not want to leave. I will miss the La Fonda and I hope I will have a reason to come back to visit in the near future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Falmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We had a wonderful 2 night stay here. All the staff are friendly and very helpful. The hotel is very clean and our room was just the perfect size. It did lack a place to put your clothes so I had to live out of my suitcase. Fortunately we were only there 2 nights. Nice large flat screen TV and big jacuzzi tub. Walking distance to the beach and downtown. Don't stay here if you are looking for a view. Our room viewed the parking lot. Lots of complimentary things such as coffee, juice and croissants for breakfasts, wine and snacks in the afternoon and pie served after dinner. We did the wine package and had a great day touring the winery's in Edna Valley. I would highly recommend staying at the Aviila La Fonda Hotel

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Inglewood, California
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Great customer service and nice touches of so many complimentary things for guests to enjoy. There was a large slice of cheesecake with candle for me and a full basket of snacks for us to enjoy during our two night stay. A wonderful, warm and inviting atmosphere with such lovely people, so friendly! I am telling all my friends to come and experience this hotel. WOW!!!!!!

Room Tip: Spa rooms are great! If you want to cook choose Great Room.