“Great location is great but.......”
Review of Olde Port Inn

Olde Port Inn
Ranked #5 of 27 Restaurants in Avila Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The last time I ate there is the last time I will eat there. It is located at the end of one. F the piers. Avila so the view is nice - or could be. The windows are clouded with salt water mist. The food left much to be desired. The staff was very unwelcoming .

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Amazing service, fabulous atmosphere- did u know they have glass tables that look onto the water???
The soy wasabi glazed grilled salmon was TO DIE for. For non seafood people the filet was smokey and perfectly cooked.
A must do. Fancy enough for a special occasion but not too fancy for a beach town.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

While not inexpensive, the "no work" Chioppino is marvelous: shrimp, calamari, fish, and scallops in a tasty tomato, leek, and wine broth. If you go for lunch, you'll save a little compared to dinner prices. Served with hot sourdough rolls and butter and, should you chose, a glass of wine, you will savor every bite while gazing out the window at San Luis Bay and surrounding mountains. Park in the large parking lot near the pier and use up a few calories walking the pier to the restaurant.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This place has awesome food. The food was very fresh. There were a lot of different selections on the menu to pick from. I would have to say the price of the food is not super expensive but it might be a place for some to eat as more of a special occasion rather than an every night out deal. They do have lunch there as well which is priced lower than the dinners. I honestly do not remember the price but I want to say that my husband and I both had an appetizer that we shared, a meal, each a drink or two and desserts and I know our bill was slightly under 100.00 before tip. We both had a seafood dish that was amazing. I think it was Calamari and Scallops. EXCELLENT!!!! Every time we ate there and we were there for at least two lunches and a dinner that trip we did have seafood but I did see other dishes on other tables that also looked really good.

The staff was excellent and friendly. I loved everything about this place but I have to say the thing that drew us to eat here and come back more than once was the views!!!
The restaurant is on the end of a pier so you are in the middle of the water looking out watching seal lions and seals swim by and anything else that you might see either fly or swim past you.. And if that is not enough there is another really cool thing.... the center of the table is glass and you can look right down into the ocean! It was so neat so see things swim under you also!!! So while my hubby and I were there having a toast for his BIRTHDAY we looked and there was a huge sea lion just playing almost right under our table in kelp! Oh my god it was great! This is just such a cool atmosphere and idea.

OH yes and you do not have to be dressed up to eat here I know we were in jeans and or shorts anytime we were there. If you want to get dressed up you can because I did see a very nice dinner party at a table near us, but they seem very easy going and just want to accommodate their customers, so I guess the basic shoes and shirt deal might apply here.

Again the food is great and the people fantastic but the views were awesome!!!
There is a bar so you can have any type of drink you would like. I think they did have happy hour specials as well as daily specials of the day on the menu.
I can’t wait to eat here again. I will be revisiting in about 2 weeks!!!

Enjoy the pictures I would have loved to put them in order from the start of the pier to walking into the restaurant but it did not let me move them around. So sorry that they bounce around when looking at them.

2  Thank Loosbrock
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This restaurant is located on the end of the San Luis pier in Avila Beach. You actually need to drive past Avila Beach to the end of the road and continue past Fat Cats to the pier. As others point out, there are only a few parking spots at the end of the pier itself, but the walk is worth it.
The food is excellent. I loved the Rock Cod and the mixed veggies were also great. My wife got the grilled salmon which was also great, except for the wasabi sauce drizzled across it (too much wasabi).
Even if you don't have a reservation, almost all of the seats have a view of the bay.
The average meal is about $28, but sooooo worth it!
There's a lower level to the pier where seal lions bask. These are huge animals and aggressive at times, watch them from a distance.

2  Thank Bill M