“Bad Experience on 2nd visit”
Review of Olde Port Inn

Olde Port Inn
Ranked #5 of 27 Restaurants in Avila Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I had come here for dinner several years ago and enjoyed it so much we came back for lunch the next time we were in the area. It is still a very interesting location and the sea views were still great, but this time things did not go as well. We both ordered the lunch special which was a fried seafood basket. The food was badly overcooked to the point it was almost inedible. The waiter was of no help with the poor food then compounded the problem by charging us for food we did not order. It was not simply an error as he knew what the problem was as soon as I called him back to fix the check. I doubt that we will be back despite the attraction of the location.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We live in Avila and keep trying to like Olde Port Inn. We ate there again last week. Just a poorly executed, fish did not taste fresh meal.

We won't be back.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Place was recommended by the wedding photographer. You can actually drive out to the resturant that is at the end of an ancient wooden pier. We had a party of 30. Service was excellent, food (sea) was well prepared and presented. Everyone seemed to have a great time. I didn't hear any complaints. I didn't see the bill, but by what i ordered the prices seemed to be really reasonable. Highly recommended.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

My wife and I with another couple stopped by on a Monday night. This restaurant has a great view from the end of the pier where it is located. Service was pleasant and adequate. The food was fine, but nothing unusual. The facility itself was somewhat dated. Overall it was a typical seaside restaurant, one you go to more for the view than the food.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have been coming to this restaurant ever since I was 5 years old. Now I am 16 years old and food seems to please me even more. We go here any occasion that we have the opportunity to! The staff,food, atmosphere are spactacular! If your are in Avila beach you should deffiently go here for dinner! Try any seafood dish all are outstanding!