“View of ocean & the best Mocha ever had between S.B. and S.F.!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Joe Momma's Coffee - CLOSED

Joe Momma's Coffee
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Westchester (LA), CA
“View of ocean & the best Mocha ever had between S.B. and S.F.!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I am a Cali native and have had coffee from numerous independent cafes and chains, but I didn't mind waiting a few minutes longer than usual for the creamy, complex, rich and satisfying flavor of one of the best cafe mocha drinks I've had in the central coast (sorry Black Horse, but it's true!) that Intelligensia brand expresso leaves no bitter aftertaste whatsoever, and to top it off I had this lemon blueberry coffee cake which they warmed up in a convection oven and served on a plate with stainless clutlery and tasted absolutely home-made divine, w/fresh blueberries and real lemon zest! I was there on Sat. 5/11 and they were moving customers through pretty quickly but like the owner says below, "if you're in such a rush, why [exactly]are you in Avila?" I returned the next morning (Mother's day) at about 8:30 am for another drink and that did take quite a while, but understandably busy; I bought some beans to take home. I would highly recommend JMC to coffee connoisseurs and anyone that likes good coffee or baked goods!

• 4 of 5 bubbles

San Mateo, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This "rich" person is happy making Coffee at home!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

After seeing this "businessman" shut his doors and post such a rude message on his business door because the Tour of California came to town, I would never even consider spending one cent in his establishment. I make great coffee at home, I go to a coffee shop for a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. No thank you! That goes for his other businesses as well!

1 Thank Mike C
cahotelguy, Owner at Joe Momma's Coffee, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write ..Yes, we protested Amegen Bike Tour, because it was too big for our community .And proved to be economic disaster for our town .We are not anti biker just big groups that impact such small community for profit .If you had taken time to investigate you would found out that we(Joe Mommas) have held fund raisers to buy bike racks for our town .Held fund raisers to repair bike trail when County didn't have money to repair root damage ,and for 6 years rented bikes here in Avila .All 30 bikes we own were bought in local shops (to support local bike community). So not xactly anti bike are we just anti rude people .So hate somewhere else ...and since you never been to our coffee shop it ,and was just here for race ,says something about your review doesn't it .
San Luis Obispo, California
“Don't waste your time on this place.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Super poor customer service. If there are 5 people in line, figure a 20 minute wait as ONE barrista makes ONE coffee at a snails pace. Can you say S-L-O-W service. It's NOT worth the wait, nor coldness you receive from the staff. Definitely NOT the best coffee in the county. You'll look for BLACK HORSE COFFEE for the BEST COFFEE here.

Mike (the owner), I wear spandex and ride from SLO. NEVER, EVER again will I step foot into your coffee house. Truly arrogant. If I treated my customers as the way you do us, I would be out of business.

1 Thank Pocodino
cahotelguy, Owner at Joe Momma's Coffee, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
We protested having bike race in Avila Beach ,the local bike community continues to support us .We have received huge support from our local community We have never been anti bike see above .Look at our reviews before May12 ,(before race). .And come judge for yourself ,if looking for great coffee, right place .
California
“They are boycotting the 2013 Amgen Tour of California”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

This sign is posted on their door today. It is in regard to Stage 5 of the 2013 Tour of California bike race which finishes at their front door on Thursday May 16. Internationally televised major event.

"CLOSED MAY 16th ALL DAY BECAUSE OF SILL A.S BIKE RACE!
UNSAFE FOR OUR CUSTOMERS OR STAFF!
We will reopen FRIDAY MAY 17th for REGULAR CUSTOMERS, when jerk BIKE People are gone!

NO COFFEE FOR YOU, SILLY OUT OF TOWN RICH PEOPLE IN SPANDEX
DON'T COME BACK!

(We do LOVE and continue to support our local bike community through contributions bob jones trail, bike racks, and bike promotion, so you guys always welcome to experience, best coffee in county)
BUT AMGEN TOUR FOLKS! NO COFFEE FOR YOU! EVER"

No more Joe Momma's Coffee for me.

1 Thank jbzspace
cahotelguy, Owner at Joe Momma's Coffee, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Yes we boycotted Amegen Tour ,it maybe fine event for large city but was horrible event for Avila Beach .We closed but other businesses suffered more they remained opened and had no customers .So yes we ticked off small group folks who don't know us and love outside area .See above not anti bike but very pro Avila Beach .Large events are not what we about .Check out reviews before race may12 and reviews after and than try us for yourself .Fortunately our business never been better because of loyal customers who don't like this angry fringe group .
“Owner is rude and unfriendly.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

A sign was recently posted on his door regarding the Amgen Bike Tour. He basically said he is closing up his shop for the day of the race and told the bike community they were not welcome there. My version is much tamer than the offensive sign he posted. I have lived in this area most of my life. He is not typical of the friendly people who live on the central coast. I will never go in his shop again and I will never recommend his coffee shop or other businesses to anyone! He is an embarrassment to the community.

Visited May 2013