Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Excellent Day on the Water

Even though the whales were not around this day, Capt Mark still provided a wonderful experience on... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
bpacker1977
Great morning whate, dolphin and seal watching

Capt Dax was fun, informative, patient and sensitive. He was lovely to share the trip on and spoke... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Debbie S
Salisbury, United Kingdom

All reviews captain mark whale watching central coast sailing trip sea life humpback whales local history beautiful boat snacks and drinks his knowledge power catamaran great captain amazing experience mother and calf great trip hour trip highly recommend this trip
Reviewed November 23, 2016 via mobile

Central Coast Sailing Charters was a great referral that we got from the friendly folks at Avila Beach Paddlesports. When my wife spoke to Mark, the owner of CCSC, about setting up a sailing trip for the next day, he was flexible enough to work everything out for us.
When we arrived, he was already there, on time and prepared to get going, so that we didn't waste any time boarding the boat and setting out.
He keeps his sailboat in immaculate condition and provides snack and drinks even before you "set sail". (That 805 beer at 10:30am was quite nice.)
He is incredibly knowledgeable about the sea, sea life, and the area around the bay. Having lived around the world he had plenty of great stories to share. But he makes the trip about you, not about him, and simply enjoys talking with his guests and learning as much about you and you will about him.
He makes sure that everyone gets some time behind the wheel, steering the boat outside the bay and in the harbor area.
If you're looking for something relaxing, fun, & unique, give him a try. You'll like his energy and the overall experience.

Reviewed November 13, 2016 via mobile

Thank you captain Mark for exceeding all expectations. Your fun, easy going and insightful sail boat experience was the highlight of our trip to the central coast. Seeing the humpback whales was the icing on the cake. Best excursion I've had in California. Definitely worth every penny!

Reviewed November 10, 2016

My husband and I booked a morning trip with Captain Mark in early November, just expecting to take in the view of the lovely Central CA coast from the water and see some local marine life. What we didn't expect to find was the amazing Captain Mark! He was so knowledgable and passionate about his "job" and willing to do anything to make our sail perfect. As we boarded, I told him I was going to Cabo in January to see whales, but he told me I didn't have to wait until Jaunary because he was sure he could find me some today. I told him I would cry if he did. Thirty minutes later he handed me a tissue. We followed and observed humpbacks for the entire trip. Incredible! (But I'm still going to Cabo in January.) Thank you Captain Mark

Reviewed September 4, 2016

This may have possibly been when of the best days of my life, I am still smiling from ear to ear and I will take this experience with me for the rest of my life.

Reviewed September 1, 2016

I booked an afternoon for my wife's birthday based on a very positive recommendation from a friend. We were not disappointed in the slightest. Captain Mark runs a very safe sailing operation and and his knowledge of local history and marine biology is amazing. We and another group of four requested to see some whales and Captain Mark didn't disappoint. Of course the whales cooperated too as they were feeding about three miles out. We saw whales, dolphins, sea lions, sea otters and lots of sea birds during our two and a half hour cruise. Captain Mark also gave a good safety briefing and allowed us to help sail the boat and put up the sails. There were plenty of healthy snacks and drinks of all kinds available to include local wine and beer. We would recommend that any one in the central coast area, local or visitor, take a cruise on this boat and get a whales eye view of the Avila Bay Area.