“FANTASTIC!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Central Coast Sailing Charters
Ranked #2 of 10 Tours in Avila Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: CENTRAL COAST SAILING CHARTERS and AVILA BEACH WHALE WATCHING. Semi private small group boat tours, If you are here for a vacation or a local looking for something new to do that the whole family can enjoy, what could be better than sailing together on a beautiful 44 ft yacht. All of our trips are semi private with no more than 6 passengers onboard! Come on out and enjoy the sun on your face, the wind in your hair and the sparkling water all around as you learn to steer a real ocean going yacht through the waves! Wildlife viewing nature interpretive sailing tours are departing daily from the Harford Pier near Avila Beach California. From July through the end of September we have some of the best whale watching available on the California coast. Private tours,whale watching and sailing lessons are all available at reasonable prices
Mansfield, ga
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FANTASTIC!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

What an awesome experience we had with Mark as our captain on the Spirit! If he was in sail boat sails everyone would walk away with one! If given the opportunity everyone should try this here on the central coast! We are from Texas and will remember this for years to come!

Visited October 2013

Altoona, Pennsylvania
“"Best of the Best - Sailing in Cali"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

While on the west coast visiting with wonderful lifetime friends, I wanted to surprise the group with a day of sailing as a thank you for their hospitality. My goodness; so glad to have found Mark @ Central Coast Charters! Mark is very welcoming and personable, His Boat is beautiful, clean, and comfortable, he shared his knowledge of the area and sailing, he offered a delightful snack and refreshing drinks. I love sailing and was thrilled when Mark asked if anyone was interested in helping with the sail & steering. My friends from 3 areas in Cali intend on sailing again with Mark - taking their family's as they all enjoyed it so very much! You can't go wrong on this one!

Paso Robles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST GIFT EVER!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was given as a birthday gift to my husband who LOVES to sail...what a great gift! The afternoon was sunny, the ship (Spirit) was gorgeous, the snacks (including wine and beer) were perfect, but what really elevated the experience was the captain, Mark. He made sure the trip was individually tailored to please each passenger aboard...from experienced sailor to landlubber. We all had the time of our lives! If you want a gift that WOWS, or you want to give yourself a memorable day, we highly recommend sailing on Spirit with Captain Mark!

1 Thank Jan S
Reno, NV
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nothing short of fabulous!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

There is no way you can go wrong booking this trip! Its a beautiful sail along the pacific. Mark is so very knowledgeable, insightful and entertaining. He brought out a beautiful array of snacks and adult beverages. Everyone on the boat was offered to drive or at least look like there were driving for a photo op. We sat comfortably the whole time while riding the swells. Cruising back was a very memorable experience as well as we sat atop the boat enjoying the view sailing back in. Very affordable, very enjoyable and I am positive I will be doing this again! I will be sending a ton of business Marks way for sure!!

1 Thank melzfire
Stillwater, Minnesota
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Amazing afternoon of sailing! Must do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

It was so great I went twice!! After spending a week in Carmel/Pebble Beach, I decided to look for a much quieter, non-touristy location somewhere along the Pacific Coast Highway (PCH 1). I discovered a wonderful (quiet) little beach town called Avila Beach, CA. It is a gem of a beach town. Everything is clean and very new. A well designed beachfront walking area and plenty of beach area designated for dog lovers and non-dog lovers. It is the perfect place to go sailing. I Googled sailing in Avila Beach and up came Central Coast Charters. Their website is great and very informative. Prices are more than reasonable and the experience exceeded my expectations. The first trip out we saw amazing whales, sea lions, sea otters and so much more! Refreshments and great snacks are provided. It is a very relaxing environment and only 6 people are allowed on each cruise. It was truly the highlight of my trip. Mark, the captain, is delightful and very knowledgeable about the history of the area and the overall marine / ocean environment. It was SO good that I went back two days later with my daughter! A must!!

Visited August 2013