“Perfect kayaking!”

Avila Beach Adventure Kayak Tour
Ranked #1 of 10 Tours in Avila Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: WINNER 2016 VOTED BEST OF SLO COUNTY! KAYAK and PADDLEBOARD RENTALS, LESSONS, and eco ADVENTURE TOURS in sunny Avila Beach. Explore the pristine waters, sea caves, and secret beaches of Avila, the hidden gem of San Luis Obispo County, with Avila Beach Paddlesports. Avila Beach has the best weather on the Central Coast, so don't forget your sunblock! Beginners are welcome and free instruction and safety information is always included with kayak and paddleboard rentals. The friendly SuperCrew at Avila Beach Paddlesports has the local knowledge and expertise to create the best experience for you and your family! Their staff and professional guides have decades of local water knowledge and the skills to teach you how to explore, be safe, become a better paddler, and have fun!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
california
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Perfect kayaking!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We rented a double kayak and went out to the lighthouse. The staff at Avila Beach Paddlesports was informative, helpful, and efficient. Avila is an easy bay to kayak, no really big waves and plenty of wildlife for viewing. Next time we'll have to try SUP (standup paddle boarding).

Visited July 2013

San Francisco, California
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“kayaked to the lighthouse!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Thank you Ken and Paul for our kayaking tour of the lighthouse. We saw the most amazing creatures, along with beautiful landscape. The lighthouse itself was full of history. Avila Beach Paddlesports made us feel safe and comfortable and were easy to work with. We want to come back and try stand up paddle boards next time. Emily was a pleasure to work with on the phone as we made our reservations. We highly recommend them for a fun family adventure!!

Visited July 2013
Sacramento, California, United States
“Fabulous Family Adventure Ocean Kayaking with Vince”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

What a fabulous time we had on our family weekend vacation. Vince and his crew were the best! It was very easy to book and I really appreciated the time they took making sure that they scheduled just the right trip for myself, my husband, my 12 year old daughter and her best friend. None of us had really been kayaking let alone in the ocean but we wanted to do something memorable on our trip. This was it! It was easy enough that my 12 year old daughter had her own kayak and I who am shall we say, not very athletic, managed to make the journey and enjoy myself. The knowledge and sights we saw were amazing as well as the photo disc Vince made for us to remember. I am having some photos made on canvas as they were just fabulous! Would I do it again?? In a heart beat! Only negative thing about this trip is my daughter only wants to kayak in the ocean now.. LOL.. Thanks alot Vince! You went and spoiled her! Looking forward to another trip your way for maybe the other set of sea caves.

Visited June 2013
Golden, Colorado, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Adventure Tour in Shell Beach Caves”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My sister and I went on a kayaking tour with Vincent in Shell Beach Caves. We had never been out in the open ocean before and was a little nervous but Vincent was very experienced and taught us the details what to do and what to expect. Vincent made us feel very comfortable with his constant guidance, gave us confidence and reassurance that we could do it- and we did!! We went in caves around rocks, through rock formations where the swells went through. We saw harbor seal, starfish, pelicans, some rare birds that Vincent told us about. WOW what a memorable experience!!

Visited June 2013
Mesa, Arizona, United States
“My favorite part of our trip”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I chose this company for our kayaking experience after comparing prices with a local competitor and I could not be happier that I went with Avilla Beach Paddlesports! My husband and I had a great time on our adventure tour of Shell Beach. Vince was a very enthusiastic and knowledgeable guide. He did a great job of tailoring the tour to our own preferences and skill levels. We could really tell that he knew a lot about the area and really cared about making the tour a great experience for us. The location of the tour itself was amazing! We got to see dolphins, harbor seals, and sea otter all with a little adventure mixed in. I would recommend this company to anyone heading to the central coast region! It truly was my favorite part of the trip!

Visited May 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction