“One of my favorite spots”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Avila Beach
Avila Hot Springs Resort
Paso Robles, California
“One of my favorite spots”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I remember watching the original Jaws movie screened here at Avila Hot Springs when I was a child. I am impressed that they still offer this service twice a week. Can't wait to go!

1 Thank Suzanne G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Atascadero, California
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Avila Hot Springs is an excellent place to swim year round. The pool is always warm and the hot spring pool is so soothing for aching joints and muscles. There are cozy little cabins/trailers on site to rent.... it is a family friendly place to stay and swim. They have free internet access so you can stay in touch with the rest of the world.

Cambria, California
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Mineral water is soooo good for the skin!!!!!! Make a trip at least once a month and just love! Can't go to long before I need a return trip!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Hot Springs water temperature was perfect. The employees friendly. A heated pool is located is available also. A very relaxing day.

arroyo grande
Reviewed January 13, 2013

they show movies at night, camp sites are clean (but too close to the freeway) waterslide is awesome. really like this place and for 8 bucks per person with the avila barn right across the way this is an awesome place to bring the family.

Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We went on 12/23/12 with kids ranging from 4 to 11. I was under the assumption that the big pool would be heated with the hot springs water, but cooler than the "adult" hot springs pool. It is the temperature of a lap pool. In other words, too cold for the kids to play in comfortably for over 10 minutes without their lips turning blue. If the kids are under 8, they are not allowed in the hot springs pool (understandably as it's very hot), but makes for an unpleasant visit for young kids and the adults that are with them! Facilities definitely showed their age. The ladies dressing room was pretty clean, but very outdated...like something you would be in if you were at a camp ground. Compared to hot springs places we've been in South America, this place is not worth a return trip for us. We weren't the only ones that felt that way, as other people with kids were there for a shorter time then we were. We only lasted for about 2 hours. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank pavilez
TylerAnderson, General Manager at Avila Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I am disappointed that your time with us was not enjoyably. I will check our logs regarding the pool temperatures. It is usually around 80-85 degrees, which has proven to be the most enjoyable temperature for most. Our hot spring is indeed hot...at an average temp of 102. This temp is also preferred and enjoyable by most. If you are ever in the area and would like to give our, 107 year old local landmark facility another chance, please ask for me, so I can assure your visit is a wonderful one!

Tyler Anderson

Travelers are raving about these Avila Beach hotels

Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Decided to take my kids here on a warm day after the local pool season was over. My kids are 3 and 4. It was over $20 to get in and I knew I wasn't going to be able to utilize the hit springs (they only let ages 8 and over in) so I kinda felt like I paid too much from the start. My four year old had a blast on the water slides and I felt very safe because the life guards were very attentive and nice to my son. I really appreciated that. My 3 year old was freezing after about an hour and wanted to get in the "hot pool". They were total sticklers on the rules and wouldn't allow him in, which maybe was better for me. The "springs" appeared kinda yucky. A small, peeling, and crowded wading pool with hairy men and "ecclectic" others. So, needless to say for one reason or another...the "hot pool" was off limits. Probably won't be returning. Too bad, this place could really be nice starting with a resurfaced pool for the hot springs.

• Stayed October 2012
#11 of 27 in Pismo Beach
Avila Lighthouse Suites
Avila Lighthouse Suites
#3 of 5 in Avila Beach

Been to Avila Hot Springs Resort? Share your experiences!