“Huge Scary Pitbull, Rude Innkeepers”
Review of Seacrest Inn

Seacrest Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Avalon B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Huge Scary Pitbull, Rude Innkeepers”
Reviewed January 18, 2005

We thought we were going to a nice Romantic Inn, but, when we got there much to our dismay was the biggest pitbull we have ever seen in our lives. This dog was everywhere, even in the kitchen where the breakfast is to be made. How gross! Dogs should not be in kitchens. The innkeepers were rude and didn't care about our fears about the dog. The rooms are WAY over priced. We used to stay at the Seacrest Inn a long time ago and the innkeeper was one of the nicest caring people we had ever met, what happened to her? Also what happened to the sweet kitty, I think her name was Snuggles or something like that, she lived up to her name and in no way was scary. The roof top used to be a nice quiet place to get a tan or just hang out, not it is the home of a huge dog house for this pitbull. We came back to have a romantic few days. What we got was a scary dog experience and rudness when we asked about the old management. We would have gone to where ever the last innkeeper was working and still will if we came find her. Beware about this place now. We will never be back.

18 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
La Costa, CA
Reviewed January 2, 2005

Do not stay here! This place is WAY overpriced for the poor quality accommodations that exist at this "inn". I classify this place as a tourist trap.

We checked in and checked out the same day we saw our room and sought accommodations elsewhere, in a nicer hotel for one third of the rate Seacrest charged. The internet web page portrays the inn as a cute bed and breakfast "romantic getaway", and that is simply not true.

-The room was extremely small.
-No view, bad location.
-Tile floors with no rugs or carpet.
-No heat (in the winter with tile floors this is a bad combination.)
-No shower curtain, with a clogged misfiring showerhead that sprayed more water on the cold tile floor than on us.
-Dingy, small bath towels.
-Worn, aged furniture.

Also, beware of the reservation policy. I have never had a hotel charge my card for the full amount of the stay, 3 weeks prior to arriving at the hotel.

Save the hassle, ignore all the ads, and do not even bother calling. There are MUCH nicer accommodations for less money available on the island.

• Stayed December 2004
29 Thank SavvyTravelers
Reviewed December 21, 2004

The people who run this place have the lamest reservation requirements I have EVER seen, the inn is overpriced, and the innkeepers are rude. Save your money and stay someplace better on the island. Who needs the headache?????

19 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 12, 2004

I took my fiance to the Seacrest Inn this past weekend for his 23rd birthday. The innkeepers were businesslike and were not very friendly. The price for one night in "The Nest" was $155. WAY overpriced for the tiny room! It's hardly the size of a closet! The tile floor was cold and not romantic at all. The towers were dingy and dirty, and I had to ask for new ones so I could use one that wasn't stained. The rubber duck is tiny and overrated.

The VCR didn't work at first, but luckily my fiance was able to make it work. The old VHS tapes they have for rent are from the 80's, and have terrible tracking problems. Don't bother renting a movie.

My fiance and I spent most of our time exploring the island, it's quaint but we won't be back again. And we definitely WON'T be back to the Catalina Seacrest Inn - what a disappointment!

16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 1, 2004

We made a reservation at the Seacrest Inn and were told that they could not guarantee the reservation until they received a signed copy of their agreement. They faxed us a copy of the agreement and it stated that we accepted the terms which included a $50.00 cancellation charge. I faxed back the agreement and wrote on the bottom that I wanted to cancel the reservation, and did not sign the agreement. When I received my VISA bill I found a charge for the $50.00. When I contacted the Seacrest Inn they stated that the signature agreement was just a formality. I have never had someone demand my signature on an agreement and then tell me it was just a formality. I would be very careful to inquire about all the policies and charges prior to making reservations at this Inn. And also be careful about what you are signing and what it means. I would not recommend staying at this place to anyone based on their reservation policies.

19 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 17, 2004

After getting married in 2001, we honeymooned in Catalina at the Seacrest Inn. My husband also took me back on our first wedding anniversary (with new baby in tow). I loved this inn! It cannot be compared to a Four Seasons or any fancy hotel, but it has a charm all of it's own. The spa tubs in all the rooms make for a romantic getaway. I found the antique bed and pictures to be adorable. The room was clean and the staff was very friendly. I enjoyed their free movies and faux fireplace. I loved how it was tucked away on a corner - you cannot get better ambiance. We never heard any noise from outside. And the best part was reading through the "love journels" that are displayed, and adding your own entry for others to enjoy. I cannot wait to go back to Catalina, and I will definitely be staying at the Seacrest Inn.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 4, 2004

We stayed at the Seacrest Inn for our honeymoon in the Wicker & Roses room. It was victorian in theme and a bathroom that had a shower for 2. The shower was huge and had more than enough room for 2. The inn keepers were extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was always very clean and we loved the touch of the rubber ducky. We plan on coming back with our children soon and plan on renting the room that sleeps 6 people. I would recommend this inn for a romantic get away or honeymoon. We absolutely loved our stay.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member