“Wow! What an Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seacrest Inn

Seacrest Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Avalon B&B and Inns
Tuttle, Oklahoma
“Wow! What an Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

It's the Seacrest for us. Wow what a stay! Denise and John made our stay so enjoyable. The room had a hot tub and was awesome. If it wasn't the hot tub it was the early morning mimosa on the roof of the hotel overlooking the harbor and cruise ship. The golf cart tour was great too. It was afternoons of activity and evenings of fun at the nearby Marlin Club, then back to the hotel for a wonderful sleep. Will be staying here regualarly. Definitely coming back in August. Thank you so much and see ya soon! Lloyd and Lisa

Room Tip: Ask for the Captains room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lloyd968
DeniseKarstens, Manager at Seacrest Inn, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Greetings Lloyd & Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time to review our inn and to let other travelers know of your experience. We are so glad that you both had a "WOW" time.

As noted in other reviews we are under new ownership and managment and have been working really hard to upgrade the property and it appears our hard work is paying off.

John & I both look foward to seeing you both again in Aug and maybe this time we will join you for Mimosa's on the roof.

Glad to hear your safe from the tornado's.

See you both soon,

Denise

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Gardena, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Me and my new husband stayed here for our honeymoon and it was amazing. The room was great and Denise was a total sweetheart. We bought their package with a limo, helicopter ride, dinner, all day tour, and a dolphin trip. It made our honeymoon extremely memorable. We can't wait until we go back. We will be staying there every time we visit Catalin

Room Tip: The Loft is the best, very private and comfy
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DeniseKarstens, Manager at Seacrest Inn, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dearest Ladrina & Alan,

First of all I would like to extend our Congratulations on the start of your new life as Mr. & Mrs.! I along with the owners was very excited that you choose to start your new life together with our amazing Honeymoon package. I very much enjoyed our conversations on the phone and then finally getting to meet you both. I'm happy that I was able to be a part of making your special weekend full of memories. Thank you for taking the time to say all your kind words and I look forward to seeing you both again on your anniversary? I only wish the best for both of you as you’re both really amazing individuals. Thank you again and CONGRADULATIONS!

Extra Hugs to you both,

Costa Mesa, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I was hired to do a construction remodel at the Marlin Club which of course took some time!Lol! I was lucky enough to get the chance to stay at the Seacrest Inn while working there. What a wonderful experience. Having to be away from home and family is not ideal but staying at Seacrest was like home. Denise and John were beyond hospitable. Thank you D & J! I highly recommend staying here if you want to feel the experience of local hospitality. And the rooftop!!! That was my favorite place to be after a long day! The view! I now have an annual pass to Catalina. I will stay nowhere but here. Thanks you guys so much.See you soon! Denise..you rock. Big Wave.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DeniseKarstens, Manager at Seacrest Inn, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear David,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property and to let future travelers know of your experience. John and I both enjoyed your company, and are happy that your accomodations were like home away from home.

We look forward to your return in the near future, and hopefully you will be able to bring your daughter and we can all go on a bike ride together!

Thanks again for your kind words and I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team!

Hugs,

Riverside, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

When we first arrived we weren't too happy about some things. But as we stayed and walked the island. We came to like the fact that it was close to the shops, piers and restaurants. We were surprised that the fireplace wasn't real like our wood burner at home, big deal. Then we were surprised that we had no hot water in the shower and whirlpool tub. But the manager took care of that real quick, no problem. The manager (Denise) was a real nice lady. She accommodated us real good for all the minor inconveniences. The room (Palm) was small but quiet and cozy and easy to get into (I walk with a cane). Couldn't make it up to the continental breakfast, too many steps. The TV remote didn't work too well but another minor thing. We thought the package deal was great considering we got the boat ride, room and $40.00 for food. Nice place, had a great first time visit to Catalina.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Bruce N
DeniseKarstens, Manager at Seacrest Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Bruce,

I along with the new owners appreciate you taking the time to let us and future travelers know of your experience at our Inn. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had with the hot water system. Our new tanks should be in place by weeks end. Would also like to extend my apologies for the confusion on a Faux fireplace, fancy word for fake if the City fire department would allow a wood burning fireplace I'm sure all the Inns would all have them including us. It's hard to control what each guest may take from the room, all our TV's were just replaced in Dec/ Jan of this year and yes the original remote decided to go home to a new family. So the universal remote only does the TV features as we do not have DVR boxes in the rooms. That may have been the confusion if you were trying to pause or rewind live TV. But again we value your comments and will try to make it less confusing to our future guests.

As previously stated in other responses to guest reviews we no longer do continental breakfast on our roof top deck, however we do give out breakfast vouchers to two local eateries and that appears to be a hit. I'm glad you were able to enjoy it.

I'm glad I was able to extend a very late check for you as we had no one coming into that room, and was very happy when I came in the next morning for your very sweet Thank you card.

I look forward to hopefully seeing you and your lovely wife again.

Warm Regards,

Denise Karstens
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I booked this Inn for Valentines weekend at the very last minute. Other hotels did not have any availability, so I was very happy to find a room. However, reading the reviews made me very concerned and I was very scared to see the room and bring my fiance there. I usually never write reviews, but in this case I feel that I have to.
I probably expected the worst to happen, but the Inn turned out to be very charming. We we expected at the time of our arrival and greeted by the nice lady. She gave us lots of brochures about the island and activities. Also, she gave us 20 dollars breakfast certificate per night to be used in two places: Pancake cottage and CC. Both places had very good breakfast options and very different.
The room itself was tiny ( Inn type) but very girly and cute (wickery rose): all bedding had flowers and pink embellishments. Four poster bed is also something you don't see regularly. Bathroom was clean, there were plenty of towels (also pink and nicely folded), two bathrobes, lots of good shower products. The shower could easily fit two people in it.

The whole experience was very relaxing. Next time I would stay here again and try Mermaid room.

Room Tip: Read about rooms and choose the one that suits your character: they all are different.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Loveadventures, Manager at Seacrest Inn, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Tatiana,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am so glad that you and your fiance enjoyed your stay. Like I mention in a previous post we are under new management and ownership and have been working really hard at turning this place around and it appears with your review that we have accomplished that.

The breakfast vouchers also appear to be a hit and I'm glad that you tried both places as they are very different.

I will make sure to pass along your comments to Soledad our housekeeper as she takes pride in all the rooms.

Again thank you for all your kind words and we look forward to you coming back soon and trying out another room.

The LOFT would be a perfect room for your Honeymoon!

Warm regards,

California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Did anyone else notice that 95% of the good reviews all mention Roger by name, are all written in the same style, and are all written by people that wrote only one review?

This place is terrible. They don't clean very well, the rooms are falling apart, the towels have holes in them, it's noisey, and the breakfast is terrible. Before you stay here, be careful of the good reviews and heed the bad ones.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank name332
DeniseKarstens, Manager at Seacrest Inn, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear name332,

As of Nov 19, 2012 all staff members have been replaced with an all new team with years of experience in the hospitality field. The Inn will be closed for a month for its annual deep cleaning and renovations.

We appreciate your comments about our continental breakfast and we will be upgrading that as well when we reopen at the end of Dec 2012.

We truly apologize for your unpleasant stay however we do hope that you will give us another chance in the future. Please contact us direct so we may make it right for you.

Denise Karstens
Manager
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband & I stayed at the Seacrest Inn this last weekend. We had the palm room with the private entrance and it was very romantic and secluded. We had a jacuzzi-tub with shower in our room. Since our room was the farthest from the heaters and this is a 100 year old house it did take a minute for the hot water to get to the room. But, once it did it never stopped. I filled the 2 person tub and used it for a very long time. Then used the shower and i never ran out of hot water. Upon checking in I was concerned with the review regarding bed bugs. The house manager explained what was done to rectify the problem and then to top it off showed me more then one room and let me check for myself. They had only one incident and immediately called the professionals. There was only one room that had them. But as a procession they had all the rooms done. I stayed two nights and three days a romantic get away with my husband. We are both bug free and had one of the BEST weekends i had in a long time. I love the views from that rooftop deck they are breath taking. I love the old Victorian charm and the privacy that you receive. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple