“Wonderful view”

Ranked #6 of 50 Restaurants in Avalon
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Surrounded by the rugged beauty of Descanso Canyon and the clear blue Pacific Ocean, Descanso Beach Club features Avalon's only beachside restaurant and bar, where you can enjoy appetizers, entrées and signature cocktails, like our famous Buffalo Milk. For the ultimate beach club experience, you can have your food and drinks delivered to your own private cabana or chaise lounge. Descanso Beach Club also serves as the Base Camp for the Zip Line Eco Tour, Catalina Falconry Experience, and a 32' Climbing Wall. Kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, and snorkeling are also available. Seasonally, Descanso Beach Club's party scene is well known among locals and visitors alike, DJ tunes and live music on Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We spent the weekend in Catalina with 2 other couples. We all enjoyed our lunch in this lovely site after taking the boat over. It was sunny and beautiful that day. Our food was all delicious...my husband's only complaint was the the 1/2 # hamburger was just too big!

CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Descanso Beach Club Dining, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to dine at the Descanso Beach Club during your visit to Catalina Island. We appreciate your taking the time to share with us your dining experience on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to share your feedback with my entire team and will recognize them for a job well done. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Descanso Beach Club and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Nick Papadatos

There are newer reviews for Descanso Beach Club Dining

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The restaurant at Descanso Beach was terrible!!! The service was awful, we were forgotten and our drink and food orders never got put in- we had to find someone and ask them to order our food for us. The food itself was disgusting. My boyfriend and I actually both got really sick from it. I highly recommend not eating here!!! Maybe if you just want to drink and sit on the beach, but don't eat the food! And don't expect good service.

CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Descanso Beach Club Dining, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your dining experience at the Descanso Beach Club. We value all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our services and products for our guests.

I am concerned to learn that your experience fell short of your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed with the quality of service/food.

I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies.

We hope to have the opportunity to restore your confidence. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Catalina.

Toria Richards

Reviewed April 9, 2013

There was a misunderstanding about our Easter reservation and Kat provided excellent customer service and really made our experience and lovely one. We come to Catalina every Easter we will for sure be back to Descanso Beach Club. Kat, thank you!

CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Descanso Beach Club Dining, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to share your feedback with my entire team and will recognize them for a job well done. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Descanso Beach Club and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We arrived in Avalon and made the very short walk to the golf cart we reserved then drove the recommended route up and around Avalon. Back down at the bottom we reached Descanso Beach Club and it looked so nice we decided to stop for lunch and drinks. It wasn't very busy so we had a great table although they are all good. My five year old daughter played in the sand and threw rocks in the water while we had a cocktail and lunch. So relaxing. The service was probably a little slow but I didn't care because we had plenty of time. I ordered the chicken sandwich which I thought was really very good. My husband and son had a burger which was pretty good from what they said. The grounds are well kept and the cabanas looked great. When we come back in the summer, we will have to rent one of those for sure. Really liked this place and highly recommend!

CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Descanso Beach Club Dining, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for dining with us at the Descanso Beach Club. My team and I express our sincerest appreciation for taking the time to share your dining experience with others on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your rave review. We are very happy to read your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Descanso Beach Club.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Went to Catalina for the harbor clean-up and decided to have lunch at this nice open air restaurant. It was Sunday so they offered a brunch or off the menu meal.

We opted for the menu and were not disappointed. I had the avocado cheeseburger which was absolutely fantastic. When coupled with the great view of the beach and ocean this place can't be beat, especially when the other alternatives in Avalon are fairly mediocre.

CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Descanso Beach Club Dining, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013