“Finally, Good Mexican Food on Catalina Island”
Review of Maggie's Blue Rose

Maggie's Blue Rose
Ranked #10 of 50 Restaurants in Avalon
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Overlooking Avalon Bay and Crescent Avenue on Santa Catalina Island, Maggie's Blue Rose features authentic Mexican cuisine paired with an extensive margarita selection and wine menu.
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Bravo! A well prepared Mexican meal on Catalina. Our 4 adults and two young boys enjoyed a great meal with good service. The other Mexican restaurants on the island have a notorious history of bad food. Maggi's has a unique menu and a perfect location.

Steve B, Owner at Maggie's Blue Rose, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to know that you and your family enjoyed dining at Maggie's and that we were able to serve you well prepared Mexican food and provide you with good service. I really appreciate your praise and for sharing your opinion on TripAdvisor. Thank you for dining with us and know that it was our pleasure to serve you, your family and friends.
With warm regards from the Catalina,

Margaret and Steve Bray and our family at Maggie's Blue Rose

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We had drinks and lunch at Maggie's right after we arrived on Catalina. We enjoyed the crab and corn empanadas and really loved the shrimp tacos. The tortillas are hand made and were really delicious. We had such great service and food that we went back for lunch the next day.

1  Thank Diane B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a nice review about Maggie's and for giving us 5-stars. It is such a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your lunch with us so much you came back the next day. What a wonderful compliment, thank you! I am so glad that we were able to be an enjoyable part of your Catalina experience and hope the next time you visit the island you will dine with us again. We'll have fresh home made tortillas waiting for you! Until then, we appreciate your praise and your business.

With warm regards from the island,

Margaret and Steve Bray and our family at Maggie's Blue Rose

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We had an awesome time here....drinks are great and the appetizers we excellent. Met Kay who made the entire experience for us....she is a long-time local with great tips for the time on the island. She recommended the Empanada Appetizer....Awesome!!! Definitely be back.

Dear Guest,

It is so great to read your review! I am so happy you had an awesome experience with us and had the pleasure of meeting Kat (Kay). I too think she is great and we are very lucky to have her as part of our team as she is known to be one of Avalon's best in the business! Thank you for writing a review and I will be sure to share it with Kat, (she'll appreciate it). We hope you enjoyed your time on the island and we look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Catalina.

With warm regards from Maggie's,

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Great tacos and cold margaritas. Service on the ball, you look and the servers were there and ready. Nice airy restraunt along the beach.

Steve B, Owner at Maggie's Blue Rose, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Maggie's Blue Rose on TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your tacos, margaritas and found our service on the ball! I will share your review with the team as I know they will appreciate your comments. I truly appreciate you giving Maggie's a 5-star review and hope you will join us again the next time you are on the island. As always, we look forward to serving you, your family and friends.

With warm regards from Catalina,

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Great food, great atmosphere, friendly service in a stylish new Restaurant.....Restaurant is below Steve's Steakhouse (the best steakhouse) in Avalon....Steve is the owner of Maggie's along with his wife....A great Edition to the Island's choices of food....

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Maggie's Blue Rose on TripAdvisor. I am so happy to read you feel Maggie's is a great addition to Catalina and mentioning Steve's as the best steakhouse in Avalon! I truly appreciate your praise and, like my husband, take pride in offering visitors to the island a quality dining experience. I want to thank you for dining with us and for giving Maggie's a 5-star review and hope you will join us again the next time you are on the island.

With warm regards from Catalina,