“Value only”

Ranked #31 of 50 Restaurants in Avalon
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We were trying to experience the local food scene. I don't recommend this place. It's fine if you're just looking to fill your belly at a value price point. But no one at the table cared for their food. We heard pasta night was a good meal, but it wasn't IMHO.

1  Thank rhpolk

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I rode my bike out, stopping at Pebbly beach for about an hour to enjoy the small surf sounds and the sun, ending up at this Mexican restaurant. Many people arrive via the free shuttle (just call for pick up). This year, they let you choose from about 20 items on their special birthday menu. I thought about the buffalo burger with fries and coleslaw, but went with the carnitas plate. The fresh salsa was excellent, the beans were tasty and the carnitas were a bit dry but very good too. I sat on the patio by the waterfall and enjoyed watching the helicopters flying in and out to ferry people to and from the mainland that Sunday night. I ordered a few cups of hot tea, and enjoyed a very pleasant meal.

1  Thank luvtogo09
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had some amazing Mexican food at this restaurant. It was out of the way, but they come and pick you up from the main street. We like more a local feel to places rather then places where everyone is going. :) good prices too

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We have been here for many many times and I love it especially the Mexican food I have no complaints about that We LOve it here and the other waitress would love to get you guys ur your order in this one was really rude really terrible really bad he sucks this one will talk back to you( sometimes customers are not always right but this one we were) nd when we were getting ready to go back to the beach she comes out and talking back to me when first of all he was not the one that gave us the change back he was acting like a little girl talking all back to me!!telling me that I was a robber that I took $10 dollars from him when in the first of all he didn't even give me that change back (wow) what A server the picture he put on Facebook about me!!! He needs two be fire out of the restaurant!!!!right!!!!:")

1  Thank Shekiia
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I been going to the buffalo nickel for years always good food great service till yesterday 7/8/13 went to pick up my food and i was going to pick up 2 diffrant orders so it shout of been 2 diffrant bills and we thought we were getting over charched, and the stupid waiter put the 2 orders on the same bill witch we never asked him to do that so someone els added everything up and then told us that the total was for both orders so I payed I got my change back didn't even count it and put it in my walet I walk out and her comes the stupid water and says that I'm stilling from him because he gave me $10 dallors extra on my change when he didn't even gave my my change it was some other waiter some bad service on that waiter no manger came out or nothing..
Waiters name-ISMAEL VEGA you don't belong working in customer service because her on Catalina island it's all about the customer thanks to them we make our money.

4  Thank Alvaro T