“Birthday Lunch at Buffalo Nickel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Buffalo Nickel
Ranked #34 of 49 Restaurants in Avalon
Cuisines: Mexican, American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Long Beach, California
“Birthday Lunch at Buffalo Nickel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

They offer a variety of traditional American cuisine and Mexican food as well as a full bar. I was there for my birthday and received a free lunch while there with my friend Kathy. Both of our dishes were a 8 and a 9 on a 1-10 scale. The restaurant staff is pleasant and they have both indoor and outdoor seating. They also provided a free ride to their restaurant from the middle of town which we had a terrific driver who drove us both ways safely.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank NDrew7510

Victorville
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Let me begin saying that this was a wonderful day up UNTIL I went here!! The Kids menu has more class than the Birthday Menu, and is on 1 red piece of paper in a plastic sleeve, , they come to your table and ask is there anyone with a birthday, you say yes, no one said happy birthday to me, if you said yes they give you that red menu and they get an attitude, it is embarrassing! When we got our food it was realllly greasy, not what we ordered, we specifically ordered beef taquitos and flautas and they brought us chicken, they made me feel like I shouldn't even be there!! If they don't want anyone coming in for a free birthday dinner, maybe they shouldn't advertise it!! the hispanic waiters, treated my husband who is 61 years old white male, with such disrespect, I could see the anger in his face but he kept his cool because it was my birthday, we do not recommend the free birthday dinner or this restaurant.. to anyone unless your hespanic !

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Karen S
Ontario
“Amazing Mexican Meal!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

We weren't sure what to expect as the restaurant isn't right in Avalon. We leveraged their pick up service and soon discovered that this is a hidden gem. You have to try this restaurant. The Mexican pizza and Rellenos are fabulous. I just wish they were closer to our home.

Visited April 2013
San Clemente, California, United States
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Best food iv'e had in a long time and super fun atmosphere. a great part is actually if you cant make it there they'll have a shuttle come and pick you up to drive you to the resturant! Amazing food and service everybody was really nice I have no complaints

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dana Point, California
“Very good food. The establishment does not look like much but the food will surprise you and change your mind. . .”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

The decor isn't much but the food delicious, plain and simple but FRESH greens, delicious buffalo burgers and fries are to die for. . .

Visited March 2013