“Great place to stay and enjoy Catalina <3” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Terado Terrace

and 1 more site!
El Terado Terrace
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
“Great place to stay and enjoy Catalina <3”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Ivan and his staff were super friendly and very helpful!! This spot was a lil hidden but once you drive up its beautiful!! Its has such a gorgouse veiw!! Also if you like to bring your own food or drinks the room has a huge refrigerator with a kitchen full of plates, pans, cups etc. I would definitely stay there again! My friends and I had the best time on the patio it was nice and private perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner!! Check this spot out!!

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank givemesun143

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had a great time staying here recently. Staff is very friendly and helpful. I arrived at the island very early, and was able to check in several hours sooner, with no extra cost. I'd recommend it to friends because it's much more affordable than other places on the island. The walk up hill isn't bad at all -- it's still a 3 minute walk to most everything. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jason C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Ivan and staff were amazing!!! Room was great with all the amenities!!! everyone was very accommodating with all our needs!!! We❤El Dorado Terrace!!!! After coming to Catalina for years they showed us a side we've never seen before!! Great patio area for a nice outside dinner or BBQ!! We will definitely be back again!! Can't wait for our next trip!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Kimmyh14
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

No one here at check in time, person who showed up very rude. Room not really cleaned well...essentially not as described. Strenuous walk uphill from waterfront. Good enough on a tight budget, but don't expect much

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jrryo
elterado, General Manager at El Terado Terrace, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
I am so sorry to hear that your experience at The El Terado was not up to your standards. We work very hard to offer each guest the best service possible. Our hotel is short 5 minute walk to the main street (Cresent Ave) and we offer a complementary Taxi from the ferry terminal to the hotel to assist with the luggage on the day of check in. This is mainly a walking town as golf carts are only available to rent for up to 2 hours. If you decide you don't want to walk to the hotel, a taxi company is available from 7AM until 12AM, but again, its a short walk to the hotel. If a guest visiting Catalina Island is handicapped or over 65, one can buy a book of tickets for a dollar a ticket from the taxi company and can use them any where within the City of Avalon.
We take great pride in our housekeeping service and I am hoping you can email me so I can address these issues with my housekeeping staff.
Every room is as described. When one is booking a reservation online it will give a full description of the room and it will also show pictures of each room that is being booked.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

we had such a great experience considering it was our first time. We recommend el terrado it was very cozy and clean. The staff especially Ivan was so helpful and acommendating. The hotel was 5 minute walk from resturants and there is a Vons grocery store near by as well.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank avianca1
Santa Barbara, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Location: Avalon is small, so location is moot. Everything is right there.

Views: There are no private balconies, just the walkway in front of everyone's door. So this is moot. But just FYI, you can see the ocean but you also see the abandoned house in front of the hotel

Sleep quality: Beds are OK, noise from neighboring rooms was an issue

Rooms themselves: The best part about this hotel is the full kitchen in each room. If you can make use of it (oven, sink, full fridge, counters, pots/pans etc) then it is majorly worth it. if you won't bother, then this is moot.

Overall, it is an OK place to stay. I am sure there are nicer places. We weren;t in the room much so we didn't care too much. It was pretty clean and we did use the fridge a lot so we liked that, and the counter bar area.

Plus: they will store your bags if you arrive early or leave late

Room Tip: get one on the higher level
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank JessieStarr
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I was born and raised on Catalina and moved off the island a few years ago. I travel to the island on weekends now to work as an independent wedding coordinator. I love staying at the El Terrado when I return to the island because the rooms are fresh and clean and the hotel is very comfortable. Nice big rooms and I just love having a full kitchen! I feel right at home when I stay at "The El Terrado" I am on the island almost every weekend during the summer so it is nice to have a home away from home!I also want to give a shout out to the manager Ivan Leyva! He is fantastic.. Always sweet and kind and never hesitates to go the extra mile when I need a room for one of my vendors. Thank you Ivan and El Terrado for giving me a comfortable spot on the island that I can call home!
Cathy Machado