After reading all the fabulous reviews of ETT on Trip Advisor, we were expecting to be blown away by an amazing experience. Our stay was perfectly fine (hard to complain when you're on vacation in Avalon), but nothing over-the-top.
Pros: We got a great rate, especially for being in Catalina; the bed was super comfy; the room was very clean, and housekeeping did a lovely job sprucing it up while we were out; we liked that it was a bit removed from the main drag, and really appreciated the excuse to get some extra exercise every day when walking to/from various attractions; the staff was friendly and helpful.
Cons: It was very difficult getting ahold of an actual human from the get-go when I was booking our room. My voicemail and email were ignored, and I had to call back quite a few times before I was actually connected to someone; when we showed up (within business hours) there was no one there to greet us, and a few nights later we waited 30 mins (and had to go down and check again) just to have an ironing board delivered; the walls are PAPER THIN! We didn't realize the importance of peace and quiet in a hotel room until now. Our neighbor seemed to talk NONSTOP, and we could literally hear every word of her conversations, which really put a damper on our stay; three mornings in a row, the hot water ran out during our showers (and we don't take overly-long showers).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalina Islands Best Hotel Value, no other Catalina Island hotel offers full size suites & townhomes at hotel room prices. All new spacious suites. Deluxe Hotel Suites with granite counter tops, fully equipped kitchens with full sized refrigerators and stoves. Large 37 inch flat screen TVs and classic Catalina art by a local artist. Choose a king or two double beds. Simply the best value on the island. No other Catalina Island hotel even comes close. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your El Terado Terrace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Terado Terrace Hotel Avalon
- El Terado Terrace Mini Hotel
- El Terado Terrace Catalina Island/Avalon, CA