I debated over whether to give this hotel 3 or 4 stars, but ultimately decided that 3 stars isn't a bad rating.
What's good: Staff was nice and got us in our room early. We had room 118 which was a bit secluded and a decent size with a mini fridge and microwave. Off the beaten path a bit so it was quiet at night. Even the walk to the hotel wasn't bad. Yes, the hill is steep but it really wasn't that bad (never did use the taxi service). It's an older property and they have done their best to keep it maintained. The price is fair for what you get.
What's not so good: The walls are a bit thin. I could hear our neighbor snoring and the shower/tub took forever to drain (yuk). It's an older property with no lobby to sit in to relax and/or wait.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalina Islands Best Hotel Value, no other Catalina Island hotel offers full size suites & townhomes at hotel room prices. All new spacious suites. Deluxe Hotel Suites with granite counter tops, fully equipped kitchens with full sized refrigerators and stoves. Large 37 inch flat screen TVs and classic Catalina art by a local artist. Choose a king or two double beds. Simply the best value on the island. No other Catalina Island hotel even comes close. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your El Terado Terrace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Terado Terrace Hotel Avalon
- El Terado Terrace Mini Hotel
- El Terado Terrace Catalina Island/Avalon, CA