We booked a package which included the Catalina Express, taxi to the hotel and 2 nights stay and got a really good deal.
We arrived in Catalina by 10:30 am and our room was ready and we were able to check in early. The man at the front desk inquired as to our plans while there and gave us very helpful advice, suggestions and directions. He was very friendly.
We were in room 105 which has no ocean view. The view from our room was a partially constructed home but the room was very clean and spacious and the bed was very soft and comfortable. We were not in our room much anyway. The only bad thing was the water pressure in our bathroom sink was extremely low but we were able to use the sink in the kitchenette to wash our hands and brush our teeth. The water pressure in the shower was very good though. The kitchenette is fully stocked with plates, glasses, mugs, eating utensils, bowls, can opener, cookware, sponge, dishsoap, etc. The refrigerator came in handy to keep our drinks cold and to store leftovers. There is a Vons and a Vons express just a few blocks away to purchase groceries. The air conditioner worked very well.
When checking out, we used the 3rd party baggage service which was very convenient since we were not leaving the island until 3:45. We just left our bags at the front desk and they were available at the port when we got there. We paid $4 per bag and it was worth it!
The walk uphill was really not bad to me. It was just 2 blocks up from the main strip with a moderate incline. One day we even hiked 17 miles and the walk uphill still didn't feel bad to us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalina Islands Best Hotel Value, no other Catalina Island hotel offers full size suites & townhomes at hotel room prices. All new spacious suites. Deluxe Hotel Suites with granite counter tops, fully equipped kitchens with full sized refrigerators and stoves. Large 37 inch flat screen TVs and classic Catalina art by a local artist. Choose a king or two double beds. Simply the best value on the island. No other Catalina Island hotel even comes close. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your El Terado Terrace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Terado Terrace Hotel Avalon
- El Terado Terrace Mini Hotel
- El Terado Terrace Catalina Island/Avalon, CA