I was in Avalon on business for three weeks, which sounds like a long time, although it passed very quickly because the island was so fascinating. I also didn't want to leave Avalon because I'd fallen in love with this hotel, my home away from home for those three weeks.
First off, the hotel is located near the center of Avalon, fifteen minutes away from the ferry dock, two blocks away from the seafront and roughly two hundred feet away from the town's VONS Supermarket. It is located on a bit of an incline, so the walk can be tough for those who have to carry bags or who have difficulty walking. Nevertheless, it is a very convenient place to stay because it is so close to the in-town attractions, namely the beach, the Casino, and the one-of-a-kind restaurants.
During my stay at the Casa Mariquita, I had the opportunity to stay in a number of the hotel's reasonably-priced rooms whenever my room was booked by another party, and each room was a delight to stay in. I particularly loved the beds and the sinks; the beds were sturdy but very comfortable, while the sinks were beautifully crafted. The two patios that the hotel offers for its guests offer gorgeous views, one of the ocean and the other of the mountains around Avalon and Metropole Avenue.
However, it was the staff who made the Casa Mariquita truly feel like a home away from home. The two maids were always cheerful, and the night manager and his wife were a joy to talk to. The front desk staff, as well as the hotel owner, were especially amazing; they offered recommendations on tours I should take in my spare time and places to eat, and they never failed to greet me by name whenever I passed by them. They would ask me how I enjoyed eating at such-and-such restaurant, or what I thought of the ziplining or other eco-tour that I'd taken, and I can say for a fact that everyone I met at the Casa Mariquita Hotel made my stay in Avalon the best that it could be.
And so, anyone who is looking for a beautiful place to visit, be it for a weekend getaway or a honeymoon or anniversary, should consider Catalina Island. Avalon is the place to be, and Casa Mariquita is the place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When visiting beautiful Catalina Island, you will find a gem of a hotel called The Casa Marquita. Located a short walk from the bustling shops and restaurants on front street, Crescent Ave, the Casa Maraquita offers a quiet and comfortable place to stay. The staff are friendly and accommodating. Casa Mariquita boasts classic Spanish architecture keeping with the traditional charm of Avalon, Santa Catalina Island.Built in 1990, Casa Mariquita Hotel is among the newest built of all Catalina Island hotels. We offer a variety of Catalina Island hotel packages so that you can get the most out of your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Casa Mariquita Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Mariquita Avalon
- Casa Mariquita Hotel Avalon
- Casa Mariquita Hotel Catalina Island/Avalon, CA