“Poor sub sandwiches”

Antonio's Original Pizza
Ranked #28 of 49 Restaurants in Avalon
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Santa Barbara, California
“Poor sub sandwiches”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

We tried the philly cheese steak and the meatball and mushroom subs today. Ugh--the mushrooms were canned. The meats on the sandwiches were dry and pretty tasteless. The meat on the Philly cheese steak was like carnitas--kind of shredded and crispy. And it was supposed to have tomatoes and lettuce on it, but didn't. There was no tomato sauce on the meatball sandwich--lots of cheese, but no sauce. All in all, pretty awful. The only bright spot was the great draft root beer!

• Visited October 2013

Fontana, California
“Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

WAS really good!! We got the cheese bread and a x large supreme pizza. We loved it.
When we went in it was empty and it rapidly filled up.... I can tell you the food is worth the wait for it to be cooked.

Visited October 2013
Lake Forest
“The only fair fare in Avalon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Antonio's has a great menu, good pizza, reasonable prices (for Avalon) and, a friendly and accommodating staff with a good customer service attitude.

Having been to Avalon more times than I can count (sailboat owner), Antonio's is one of a very few restaurants where you get a good meal, with fair prices, and good service.

The baskets of peanuts (shells to the floor) are a plus.

Visited October 2013
mars
“pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and myself had the pizza with the toppings my husband picked out, bacon and avocado Never had that before, but on first bite I am now hooked. Crispy crust, cheese and bacon and avocado on top, perfect and a lot of avocado too, This was the second best pizza I have ever had in my life (first being one in Venice, Italy but hey, it's Italy!). So now I know, yes you can have avocado on pizza, blends in well with the crunchy of the crust. I had to shake the hand of the chef. Nice relaxing atmosphere and great service.

• Visited October 2013
Independence, Missouri, United States
“Good but got sick”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

I had the veggie calazone special. It was wonderful and definitely filling. However it has been six days since I ate there and I have had a stomach ache and dizziness since I stood up from the dining table there. Now this might not be because of them, but myself and my dining partner have been dizzy since.

Visited September 2013