“Great Philly Cheese Steak!”

Antonio's Original Pizza
Ranked #28 of 49 Restaurants in Avalon
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Philly Cheese Steak!”
Reviewed June 14, 2011

The best meal we had in Avalon, Ca; and, the most reasonable! The roll was very fresh and the amount of very tender, tasty shaved roast beef was surprising. The sandwich is large enough to share if you are a lite eater.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank Doug_Crow

Bartlett, Tennessee
“Decent pizza for the price”
Reviewed June 2, 2011

I ordered a small cheese pizza for my son and I and for ten bucks and only having to wait 10 minutes I can't complain. Pizza was very cheesy but lacked some flavor but we were hungry so that helped. I should have taken the parmesan packets when offered. Would go back again.

Guaynabo
“Canned mushrooms on the pizza?”
Reviewed April 4, 2011

I could not believe it!! I understand that the canned mushrooms might be more economical than the fresh mushrooms, but an "Original" Pizza would never have canned mushrooms!! One reviewer called it school pizza. That's pretty much how I would have to describe it. Certainly doesn't compare to NY or Chicago style. AND YES, I know I'm not in NY or Chicago, but I've had better pizza on the island of ROTA. Salad was also just OK....Olives tasted like they were just about to expire. Rubbery and a bit slimy. Skip the pizza and go for the seafood. You'll be happy you did!

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank LaCoqui222
Phoenix, Arizona
“Friend fell sick after eating their food”
Reviewed December 30, 2010

So we ordered takeout from here this past weekend.. a large pizza and cheesy bread.. I wasnt too hungry, so I barely ate a slice.. also since the pizza wasnt great it was pretty easy to not go for another slice.. my other friends who actually did eat more than just a slice fell sick after eating their food.

I would not recommend this to anyone visiting Catalina.. the next night we went to the Chinese place called Mr. Ning's and their food was awesome.. i wnt brag abt them here, but dnt waste time at Antonio's, go for Chinese instead :)

rancho cucamonga
“Great service, Good food”
Reviewed September 29, 2010

Service was Great. The pizza was good. Drinks were huge. Would deffinitly go back again.