“Awesome hospitality!”
Review of The Edgewater

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Edgewater
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
San Diego, CA
Reviewed July 8, 2005

We stayed at this hotel with a family of 6 (3 adults, 2 children, 1 infant). The hotel is located right on the beach and surrounded by shops and restaurants. Easy walking distance from the boat terminal. The owner was wonderful and hospitalble, as was her dog Carlton. What a sweetie-pie! He's very kid friendly and even bathed our little one in kisses. Our rooms were clean and cozy. It felt more like a B&B than a hotel. We will definitely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2005
13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for The Edgewater

Reviewed June 21, 2005

I stayed at the Edgewater Beachfront Hotel and loved every thing that they had to offer. great service and outstanding ocean view suites with incredible view of the harbor. The amenities were fabulous and the owners were great... The guest greater "Carlton" absolutely the best asset to the hotel with his wonderful personality and charm... The owners let us use their own personal golfcart for a few hours and we enjoyed a late afternoon BBQ with the owners that evening on their back patio... It was wonderful food with great company and entertaining conversation.. too
It is a must see and stay at this hotel,... thank you Edgewater Beachfront Hotel and the staff

• Stayed: March 2005
15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 31, 2005

I had planned a surprise birthday for my fiancee over memorial weekend and was frustrated with other hotels requiring a 3 day minimum stay. We only planned on going for 2 nights and the Edgewater worked with us on this.

From the moment I called the Edgewater, the customer service was superb until the day we left. 2 other couples joined us for the surprise birthday and also stayed 2 nights and were very pleased with the Edgewater as well.

Location, location, location!! We woke up and literally stepped onto the sand and had the time of our lives. We will be going back and staying at the Edgewater Beachfront Hotel and I will be bringing my furry friend next time as I learned that they are "pet friendly" while we were there.

If you have the chance, try and get a room here and you will experience a more than peaceful and relaxing stay.

Thanks again to the friendly staff
We WILL be back:):)

The Mansfield/Popp's
Room 8

10  Thank Popps1234
Reviewed May 31, 2005

If you are considering picking a spot in Catalina, this is the place to be.
From complimentary breakfast to complimentary beach chairs and towels to a spic and span room, I couldn't complain about a thing.

Not to mention the fact that the location is perfectly located ON the beach and you can walk everywhere. I have traveled to many cities and stayed at many 5 star hotels, and although this isn't a 5 star hotel, the customer service BY FAR outweighs most places that I have been. Bottom line, when you pay to go away, you like to be catered to..right? I do.

Thanks for the quiet and cozy stay-it was much needed.

• Stayed: May 2005
11  Thank Chrizzle1
Ventura, California
Reviewed May 20, 2005

We spent two nights and three days at the Edgewater Beach Hotel. We had a parapaligic dachshund with us. Marcy, the desk clerk couldn't do enough for us. The rooms were old, but VERY pleasant. I was particularly impressed at how clean they were.......being a pet friendly hotel. She told me they clean the carpets, bed skirts and ALL linens (bedspread included) after each guest with pets! That is more than one gets in MOST hotels. The showers had two heads...one in front and one in back to make it doubly pleasant. And the bath towels were big and soft. They offered comfortable beach chairs and towels to take out on the beach......a few steps from the front door. It was quiet and the beds were comfortable. We will definately come back to this hotel.

Stayed: May 2005
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Newport Beach, CA.
Reviewed March 11, 2005

I should repport that this hotel just gave me a full refund. That is a nice gesture. I hope they can work-out their problems.

• Stayed: February 2005
14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Orange County, CA
Reviewed January 10, 2005

My husband and I went to this hotel on our annivesary May of 2004. And I just had to tell others about it. Because it was off season and they were slow, when I told the manager that it was our anniversary, she upgraded us to the Ocean View Queen room and gave us champagne! This room really made our stay at Catalina absolutely wonderful. The room had three main rooms to it; the bedroom, the sitting area with the TV and electric fireplace and the enclosed porch. The enclosed porch was what made the room truely special. It faces the beach, with the sidewalk that everyone strolls along and the entire thing is windows that open up...you can even hang out the window if you want to. We enjoyed sitting at the tall stool table (the kind in clubs), drinking our champagne, watching the people go by and enjoying Avalon Bay and then in the morning...the sunrise. This room MADE our anniversary! 2005 is our 20th anniversary and I hope to be able to come back!

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member