The Edgewater
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Avalon
See available hotels
Catalina Island Inn(Avalon)
  • Bar/Lounge
The Avalon Hotel(Avalon)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscommunity kitchenfront streetcatalina islandcharming boutique hotelcan't beat the locationcontinental breakfastrooms are beautifulpeople watchingbagelsrestaurants and shoppingwould stay here againperfect stayeach morningmy birthdaygolf cartsuiteballoons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We showed up at The Edgewater and were pleasantly surprised by our ocean view suite. The room was much larger than we expected and the location was amazing! We were right on the water and on a portion of the pedestrian only street. We had a sitting patio with large windows that open w/o a screen.

Room Tip: There are only two ocean view suites --- we definitely thought it was worth the extra money to get the ocean view instead of the garden view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johannah235
TheEdgewater, Manager at The Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

The Edgewater Team wishes to Thank You for your positive review.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in one of our ocean view suites.
In fact, we look forward to your return stay to celebrate the 4th of July with
us! The annual 4th of July parade and fireworks display will be beautiful
from your suite!

The Edgewater Team

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This small second-floor hotel is perfectly centralized in Avalon. The rooms were reasonably priced and came with a galley on the same floor with coffee, muffins, juices, etc. for the morning. Best of all, my companion and I had planned to stay the night but gale-force winds predicted for the next day led to a weather advisory to get off the island because the ferries would be cancelled. We caught the last ferry out and the hotel management was VERY understanding and helpful about this unexpected event. We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: There are only two ocean view rooms. Although the rest are "garden views"--they are potted plants which showed their sense of humor. The "views" are outside on this beautiful island so it doesn't matter
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mark S
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We had the most wonderful stay. Love staying at the Edgewater as it is close to everything shops, restaurants, big green pier and of course the beach. They made sure we were comfortable and always asked if we needed anything. We definitely will be returning to the Edgewater and we always recommend it to our friends who are traveling over to Catalina.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Catislander
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at The Edgewater. I was in a beachfront room, the view was amazing. Being right on Front Street was so enjoyable, I was able to watch the activities on the street, the boats, pier and beautiful Casino right there, no binoculars needed! My room had comfortable seating to enjoy the view right in front of the beautiful large window, which I could actually open to hear the ocean. Saturday morning was the Catalina Triathalon, which was so fun to watch right from my room. The hotel stay was so nice, amazingly comfortable bed, I wish I could have taken that comforter home! There was a large sitting room with a sofa bed and flat screen TV, in addition to the comfortable bedroom. So convenient to have continental breakfast each morning with coffee, juice, fruit and bagel or muffin. The hotel staff was very friendly and always available. I highly recommend The Edgwater!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Angela D
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The location of the Edgewater is great. Not only can you walk from the dock of the Catalina Express in maybe 5 minutes, but your in the middle of all the restaurants and shops. The front door is between 2 souvenir shops and is a stair case to the 8 rooms that are all located on the 2nd floor.

We stayed in a 'Garden View' room and loved our time here. Although the 'garden' is a few small potted plants there are small fountains as well that just add a little charm to the rooms view and feel. The room was very clean and simple, had all the basic amenities. There are not fridges in the rooms, but there is a small communal area with a fridge and microwave that has a few beverages and breakfast snacks or fruit. Im sure you can keep a few things in there if needed. The beds were extremely comfortable!

The hotel has a homey feel and Esmerelda made sure we had anything we needed. She was always nearby and helped us whenever needed. I did a lot of research when booking our hotel and I am glad I went with the Edgewater. Compared to other hotels in the area it is on the affordable side and has a more updated feel.

Room Tip: Obviously an ocean view room is optimal, but the garden view rooms are just as comfortable!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple