“Gorgeous hotel and amazing service!!!”
Review of The Edgewater

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Edgewater
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Reviewed December 1, 2011

My girlfriend and I celebrated our one year anniversary with a weekend trip to Catalina. The Edgewater Hotel was one of the very few places that allowed us to stay for one night (the majority of hotels on the island require a two night minimum stay). Not only was the room beautiful it had an amazing view of the ocean and is in a great location super close to anywhere you want to go. Talk to Barbara, she's incredibly accommodating and went out of her way to make this a memorable weekend for us. We'll absolutely be back and will be staying at the Edgewater again.

Room Tip: Stay in a suite with a view of the ocean if you can. You won't regret it.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FranciscoU

Reviewed November 23, 2011

My fiancee Michelle and I recently visited Avalon. It was special as our trip merged Michelle's birthday with our engagement.

We stayed at The Edgewater Hotel. The proprietor Barbara was not only attentive to all of our needs but was very caring and friendly. Barbara, if you are reading this, "Thank You" from both Michelle and I. We will come to see you again soon and we will look forward to your wonderful hospitality. We cannot thank you enough.

Barbara is owner of the cutest and most interesting gift shop, located right on the boardwalk, down from the hotel. There are lots of wonderful, inexpensive souvenirs there; discerning shoppers won't be disappointed with her carefully balanced line of merchandise, higher end items not excluded. Do stop in and browse around. If you are as lucky and my fiancee and I were, you will get to meet a most delightful human being -- Barbara.

Barbara, Michelle and I say "Thank You."

Room Tip: Choose the last room in the hallway, overlooking the back porch. I think it is room 7?
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2011

We stayed at the Edgewater for a weekend getaway to Catalina and had a wonderful time. The location of the hotel is perfect, right on the beach and in the middle of the Catalina boardwalk area. Everything that there is to do on Catalina was right outside our door. Additionally, our room was fantastic. It was spacious, had a great view of the beach and was beautifully decorated, modern while still maintaining a charming vintage feel. Our room also had an enclosed patio which was perfect for people watching and just soaking up the sights of Catalina.
Part of what made our trip so enjoyable was the owner of the hotel, Barbara. She was so helpful and made recommendations of places to go and things to do, she and her daughter went out of their way to ensure that we had a wonderful experience on the island. Overall, loved the hotel and Catalina and cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Absolutely enjoyed my stay here at The Edgewater; the hotel was recently remodeled but it's charming 1920's character remains intact. Prime location, in the heart of the Catalina boardwalk...in the middle of it all. The owner, Barbara, made sure our stay was nothing short of pleasant. She went out of her way to make sure we enjoyed ourselves, and that we did.

We stayed in one of the oceanfront suite's with spectacular views of Avalon bay. The suite was quite large, very comfortable, and immaculate. We took full advantage of the enclosed porch/balcony area...awesome spot to people-watch and take in the Catalina ambiance. Couldn't have asked for a more relaxing getaway; definitely top quality lodging with exceptional customer service. I will certainly recommend this hotel, no questions asked. My first and only choice whenever I visit the island!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andrea B
Reviewed August 30, 2011

So I brought my mother and sister out to California to enjoy all of it's splendors this summer and thought it would be a great time to visit Catalina. First of all, I was very lucky to reach the owner of the Edgewater when booking the reservation. She was extremely nice and helpful. After that one conversation, I always got the answering service when I tryed to call the hotel. One thing to know about Catalina, many hotels will not accomadate parties of 3 or more in a hotel room for fire hazard reasons, but Edgewater did. When we reached Catalina, the hotel was locked and we had to sit outside and wait for the maid to let us in at 10 am!?! Our oceanfront suite wasn't ready, so we were able to leave our bags in the "office" till she finished cleaning it. The suite was amazing and made up for many of the other shortcomings. Very clean, plenty of towels, large TV, Ipod dock and more. The continental breakfast was a joke and I attempted to brew coffee myself one morning as it was not already made for the guests, except there was no coffee anywhere...it was probably for the better as the coffeemaker looked pretty gross. Overall, my family thoroughly enjoyed their visit to teh island. I would not personally stay at the Edgewater ever again as the price did not fit the quality or service.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank jennifer h
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We booked two rooms at this hotel. My husband, myself, and our 2 children stayed in the suite overlooking the water and my parents booked a room down the hallway. We all had a wonderful experience. You can't beat the location. It's in the heart of all of the action with a fantastic view. In the evening my husband, my parents and I enjoyed a bottle of wine overlooking the ocean in our suite. What a wonderful experience.
Everyone there was so nice, outgoing, and helpful. We are already planning our next trip out there.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DD0yle
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We so enjoyed our time at the Edgewater. It was perfect for us to be right in the center of everything! We were able to snorkel off the casino and have lunch and ice cream. After that, the kids swam of the float deck and we stayed for the Monday night movie on the beach. Tuesday we hiked to the nature center and then spent the afternoon canoeing to the new condos and of course, more ice cream. It was a super great stay for us. Your hospitality was like staying with family, the good kind. We will be sure to recommend the hotel to others. We stayed mid-week and there was no noise.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family