“Great Value, Location and Service”
Review of Catalina Lodge

Catalina Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Catalina Lodge
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed at Catalina Lodge for a long weekend. The location couldn't be more convenient. A block and a half from the beach, across the street from mini golf and the tour plaza. Roberta is very knowledgable and provides excellent service. Our room was spotless. The furniture, bathroom, and fixtures are newish and in good repair. This hotel looks retro from the outside but is very well taken care of. Great value for the money. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lauren W

Reviewed June 18, 2012

This was our second stay at the Catalina Lodge. We found this lodge last summer and couldn't ask for more :) It's affordable and close to the main tourist attractions. This year we brought our whole family ... and booked 5 rooms. As usual Robert was amazing !!! We arrived early Amd departed late and she accomadated us. She is also very knowledgable and pleasant. Thank you !!!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank TheDissh
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We just visited Catalina for the memorial day weeknd and based on trip advisor reviews, decided to book our rooms at Catalina lodge. And we're glad we did. The rooms are very clean and really neat. I only wish the bathrooms were a lil bigger and the rooms were not facing the street. But then,they have great service and all these dont matter. The lodge itself is just few steps away from Crescent Ave, where all the action is on Catalina. Owner was very friendly and gave tips on restaurants, activities everything. They even have books to borrow while you're there so you can read them in your room or on the beach(how great is that? :) ) I didn't happen to complete reading it and she suggested I could take it with me if I want...vow, didn't expect that at all. Kudos guys, keep up the good work.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Soumya K
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I staid with my husband for one night. This place is right in the middle of town but towards the inside. It's almost right across the inland tours take off location. It's on the same street and a few steps from the Chinese restaurant and Antonio's pizza. The room was on the outside facing a "busy" street where all the noisy golf carts pass by, people are also constantly passing by & it wasn't busy season, so if you're a light sleeper ask for a room towards the inside. It wasn't as bad for me (& I'm a light sleeper) but I was exhausted from all the walking around so I slept well. The room was super clean and it had a flat screen, a mini fridge, & a microwave! We had room 11, a double & a twin bed. If the beds had better, more plush comforters it would be perfect. My only real complaint is that there was only one lock on the door! The door knob was like the old school hotels where u need a key to get in & the lock on the other side is your only lock! Not cool if it's facing the street away from the main office. I would have liked a little more privacy... Finally, I have to say the owners are lovely people. Very friendly & helpful =)

• Stayed: October 2011
4  Thank chaparrin9
Reviewed August 28, 2011

They accommodated our early arrival for allowing us to leave our luggage in the unfinished room. Having housed divers before, they provided plenty of extra towels for us to use. The accommodations were simple, but suited us well. Filtered water was available at the front office, as well as morning coffee. Located about halfway between the ferry landing and the casino, it was a great starting point for walking to waterfront destinations.

Room Tip: all rooms looked quite well-appointed, so it'd be hard to locate a best room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Nancyuen
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We loved this hotel! It's perfectly located, cute, and very clean. The owners were incredibly helpful and friendly. They gave us great tips on all the best places to go/eat/drink (my favorite was their suggestion to check out the Sandtrap happy hour - yay!), and they kept our bags for us after we checked out.

There was a refrigerator and microwave in the room, which would have been very useful if we'd been staying more than a weekend. The room was very small, and the bathroom was tiny. But who cares? It's Catalina -- why would you want to hang out inside a hotel room?

This place is an amazing deal. We'll be back!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank LaLucia
Reviewed July 5, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Catalina Lodge for three nights in June. Our visit actually began weeks before that when I called Roberta (the owner) to get information regarding the Catalina Express and the Super Shuttle from LAX. She was very friendly and helpful and gave me advice that helped to make the connections on our trip run smoothly. When we got to our room, we found it to be quiet, clean, and pleasant. It had a new mattress on the bed and the walls had been freshly painted. She even gave my husband a mug to use for his morning coffee so he didn't have to drink from a styrofoam cup every day and loaned us beach chairs free of charge so we could hang out at the beach. The location could not have been more convenient - only a block from the beach and centrally located on a street that was quiet and quaint. We especially appreciated having our room on ground level so we did not have to drag our suitcases up steps like when we stayed at a different hotel in Catalina last year. When we go back to Avalon we will be sure to stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple