“Great view and good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Steve's Steakhouse

Steve's Steakhouse
Ranked #1 of 49 Restaurants in Avalon
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Newbury Park, California
“Great view and good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

Definitely a nice place to eat in Avalon. We had this recommended to us by our hotel and it was exactly what we wanted. Steaks were good and they even added King Crab legs.
For where it is and the quality the pricing is reasonable.

• Visited July 2014
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you writing a review on TripAdvisor about your recent experience with us. I am glad you enjoyed your food and thought our views great and our quality and pricing reasonable. Your recommendation of being a nice place to eat in Avalon is most appreciated. I hope your overall trip to Catalina was an enjoyable experience and hope you visit us again.

With warm regards from Catalina,

• Korean first
West Linn, Oregon
“Good entree, good view, everything else was so so”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

This place came highly recommended by many on catalina island. Our food was very good, but the server got my side wrong. From there the dessert came and was mediocre at best. We also ordered coffee and milk with dessert and it did not show with deasert. As a matter of fact it did not show until we asked about it again. Good be a great place but was only so so with our visit.

Dear Guest,

I would like to extend my apologies for the quality of service you and yours received. Although we are highly recommend, as you well know, not only for our food but our service, we did unfortunately drop the ball when it came to giving you the service you deserve and I sincerely apologize. I appreciate that you enjoyed your entree and views and thank you for mentioning that as well as your honesty about your experience. I hope the next time you visit the island you will consider giving Steve's another try.

Steve Bray, owner Steve's Steakhouse
Palos Verdes Estates, California
“Great seafood with a nice view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Steve's was recommended by friends who frequent the island. We had a romantic window table and a lovely dinner. The service was great too. For a steakhouse, they make fantastic sea bass.

• Visited July 2014
Steve B, Owner at Steve's Steakhouse, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your dining experience at Steve's Steakhouse. I am really happy that you had a lovely and romantic dinner with us and were able to be seated at a window table so you could enjoy the views of Avalon Bay. We hope you enjoyed your trip to Catalina and the next time you visit the island you will dine with us again. As always, it will be our pleasure to serve you.

With warm regards from Steve's,

San Diego, California
“Great As Usual”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

This is the second year we have come to this restaurant. The food and service were top rate. I got the seabass. It was perfectly prepared. My husband got a steak, he loved it. We got a window seat which is worth requesting and waiting for. We will come back next summer for sure.

Visited July 2014
Dear Guest,

I apologize for the late response but hope you know I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review about Steve's on TripAdvisor. It is summertime (our busiest time of the year) so I have not had the time to respond to you in a timely manner and hope you understand. But please know I value you as a guest and I am more than happy to read that you think Steve's is top rate! I look forward to you dining with us again and truly appreciate your business and, as always, look forward to serving you.

With warm regards from Catalina,

Steve Bray, owner Steve's Steakhouse
Rancho cucamonga, CA
“Good choice for Catalina”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

We have been to Catalina quite a bit so we have tried a lot of the restaurants. This was overall a very good place. The steak was pretty good and all the seafood we tried was good as well. We had a reservation and they sat us right away and our server was friendly. Overall I would recommend this place to those visiting Catalina.

Steve B, Owner at Steve's Steakhouse, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and for recommending Steve's in your review. As a frequent visitor to the island, your opinion means a lot to us and we really appreciate your praise. We are glad you enjoyed dining with us and we look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Catalina.

With warm regards from Steve's,